3 ~ Perfect Boyfriend

Yuu wanted desperately to tell all of her friends about her relationship with Floyd. Especially Ace and Deuce. She wanted to, but she'd already talked to Floyd about it. It had to be a secret for now.

That came as a surprise to her; she thought Floyd would be one to boast about their relationship, but he wanted to keep it quiet. At least she was able to talk to Grim about him; he was there when Floyd asked her out, after all. And the ghosts as well, of course. Even if she tried, she couldn't keep a secret from them.

"Grim, what do you think of Floyd?" Yuu asked as she absentmindedly flipped through her pages upon pages of homework.

He jumped up from his sprawled-out position on the striped couch and replied, "He's scary! And his mood swings are super weird, too! Seriously, I don't get why you like him..."

"Hm," she simply grunted in response, taking out a pen. Sure, Floyd was intimidating and his mood changed more frequently than ideal, but he was different when he was around her. He was soft, sweet, gentle... always happy to see her.

'That's right, Floyd's only acts like that around me.'

A smile rose to her face at the thought. He was so much like her ideal boyfriend that it seemed unreal. She couldn't believe her good fortune, managing to acquire such a perfect boyfriend. In fact, he almost seemed too perfect. Keeping their relationship a secret was just a small price to pay so she could have someone as ideal as him.

The Ramshackle dorm door violently swung open, eliciting a panicked shriek from Grim and causing Yuu to grab the nearest object to use as a weapon (which just so happened to be a rocking chair that was falling apart and gave her splinters whenever she touched it).

"Aww, my Little Shrimp looks so scary~"

Yuu let out a relaxed sigh, setting down the chair and checking her palms for splinters as Floyd bounded over and squeezed her tightly. "F-Floyd, what are you doing here?" He usually sent her a text if he was planning on coming over, but this time was a complete surprise.

"I just wanted to see my girlfriend!" He stuck out his bottom lip. "Do you want me to leave?"

She quickly shook her head. "No! I was just surprised. Aren't you usually at the Mostro Lounge around now?"

"Yeah, but I got bored~ And I missed you! I'd rather be with you than working~" He nuzzled against her cheek before pecking her lips. Grim awkwardly inched out of the door that Floyd had left ajar. "I think I'm gonna go hang out with Ace and Deuce..."

He dashed off before Yuu could reply, leaving Floyd and her alone in Ramshackle (besides the ghosts). "So, whatcha doin'?" Floyd pulled the rocking chair she had formerly armed herself with closer to her table and sat down.

"Homework," she sighed unenthusiastically. "This stuff's all going over my head..."

He grabbed the papers and shuffled through them, an amused smirk on his face. "This stuff's easy~ Want me to help you?"

'We can't all be geniuses,' Yuu thought somewhat spitefully, though she accepted his help. It would be a lot more effective than her trying to figure out all of the problems by herself while Grim went off doing who knows what.

Floyd, on the other hand, was occupied with other thoughts such as, 'Shrimpy's so cute when she's concentrating hard. And the face she makes when she asks me for help is so pretty~'

As they progressed with her homework, Floyd moved to sit behind Yuu with his arms wrapped around her and his legs around her waist. He kept kissing the back of her head and her neck which made it hard for her to focus, but she couldn't bring herself to tell him. She didn't want him to think that she didn't like it.

Slowly but surely, she finally managed to finish all of her homework thanks to Floyd. 'It could've gotten done faster if I could focus, but I won't complain about my help.'

"Thank you, Floyd," she said gratefully, turning to face him and giving him a kiss on his cheek. His cheeks turned pink and he hesitated before smothering her with kisses in return. "My Shrimpy's so adorable~!"

He glanced at the time and asked, "Can I stay the night, Lil' Shrimpy?"

"A-Aren't we moving a bit too fast?" Her face turned a bright shade of red and she pushed Floyd away slightly, letting out an awkward chuckle. "I mean, we only just started dating a few days ago..."

Floyd took this as an invitation to hug her closer in a limb-crushing embrace, kissing her forehead and restricting her movement. "C'mon, I just wanna sleep over! I won't do anything bad, if that's what you're thinking~"

He laughed as the red shade of her cheeks deepened. "I'd never make my Little Shrimp uncomfortable on purpose~" He drew back slightly, equipping a sad, almost guilting look. "But... I'll leave, if you want."

"No! You can stay," Yuu exclaimed, tightening her arms around him. She could tell that it really hurt his feelings when she rejected his proposal. Besides, they probably would've ended up doing this further along in their relationship so it wasn't a big deal. Right?

He let out a cheer, tackling her onto the floor and showering her with even more kisses and affection.

"My Lil' Shrimpy's the best~!"