9 ~ In Theory

"Hey, Crabby. What happened with you 'n Lil' Shrimpy?"

Ace wiped at his forehead, taking a long drink from his water bottle. The two were taking a break from Basketball practice. "Nothing. What makes you say that?"

In truth, Ace and Yuu hadn't talked since the day of their argument. They had to be around each other a lot but the two were still fighting, leaving Deuce and Grim in an awkward position. Deuce had started spending more time with Ace, while Grim stuck to Yuu.

"C'mon~ I know you two're fighting. What happened?"

"That's private."

"I don't think anything regarding my girlfriend is private to me."

Ace hesitantly turned to look at Floyd, tensing at his malicious expression hidden behind his wide grin.

"Girlfriend?"

"Don't pretend like you don't know, Crabby~ That's exactly why you're fighting, isn't it? You don't approve of me?"

"Did Yuu tell you?"

"Nah. I figured it out on my own. You guys are so obvious~ It was easy!"

Ace shifted on his feet uncomfortably, his grip on his water bottle tightening. "I think I'm gonna head back to practice..."

"Not so fast," Floyd hissed, gripping his shoulder. "Give Mackerel a message for me, 'kay~? Tell him he knows exactly what he has coming."

"Don't hurt Deuce," Ace said, trying to add strength to his voice. Floyd let out a hearty laugh. "Or what~? Tell me, Crabby, what could you possibly do?"

"I'll-I'll tell the Headmage! I'll tell everyone what you're doing."

"Ha! You're funny, Crabby. But..." Floyd ran a hand through his hair, moving closer to Ace.

"You can't do that if I get you first."

Ace clenched his water bottle tightly as Floyd released his shoulder, moving past him. "Make sure to watch your back, Crabby~!" He sang, going back to basketball as though nothing had happened.

Immediately after practice and taking a shower, Floyd flopped onto his bed. 'I wonder what my Little Shrimp's doing.' He sent Yuu a message just as he heard his door open.

"Floyd," Jade spoke. Floyd didn't acknowledge him. "You haven't been yourself lately."

"Thaaa~t's nice."

"If you were to kill someone, how would you go about doing it? In theory, of course."

"With my bare hands."

Jade let out a laugh. "That's very like you. But what will you do about the forensic evidence?"

"Who says I'll let the body be found?" Floyd found himself starting to laugh as well.

"But let's say, in the case that the body is found, will you simply allow yourself to be incriminated?"

"I'd prolly use gloves. Make sure to clean up the scene real good. Toss the corpse into a fire. Or a huge garbage disposal~" he hummed. "But if they knew it was me, I'd obviously run. Life in max security prison? Bleh."

"You seem to be in better spirits now," Jade chuckled.

"And you seem like you're planning on killing someone~"

"I just thought I'd help you figure out whatever was bothering you. Did I manage to help at all?"

Floyd exhaled amusedly, sitting up. "Mmhm. Thanks, Jade~ I think imma go visit Lil' Shrimpy now!"