22 ~ The Truth Comes Out

The group ran into Yuu on their way back to the room. Riddle locked the door and they all sat in silence, staring at each other until Yuu broke it.

"Can I ask why Deuce is holding a bloody knife?"

Deuce flinched as all eyes turned to him. "I didn't know where to put it!" He exclaimed, looking around before gently setting it down on the table, putting a tissue underneath so they wouldn't have to clean the blood off of the table.

Ace held up his butchered arm that was hidden under thick, red layers of gauze to Yuu. "Thought you'd wanna know," he said, and Yuu felt her expression shift. She'd never attempted to harm herself, but she could definitely empathize.

"You two." Riddle cleared his throat, eyes darting between Ace and Yuu. "Deuce told us everything. About Floyd. He thinks that Floyd's responsible for the disappearances around campus."

Yuu felt her blood run cold and she turned to Deuce. "D-Deuce..?" He didn't meet her eyes, but his demeanor was confirmation enough.

She squeezed her hands together, trying to comfort herself. Being faced with such a situation, she found herself wanting to protect Floyd more than anything. Even when she tried to open her mouth to incriminate him, the words wouldn't come out.

"Yuu, we know you're dating Floyd. Do you know if he's responsible for the killings that have been happening lately?"

Deuce didn't know much-she could try and defend Floyd. They had no proof against him. Maybe she could pin it on Jade, or even Ace or Deuce. Anyone.

Just not her Floyd.

"Yuu!" Riddle's voice snapped her back to reality. "Yuu, are you not going to answer?"

She squeezed her hands tighter. "He's-He's innocent, I promise. He has nothing to do with it!"

"Yuu... Think about it," Deuce said, furrowing his eyebrows. "Who else could it possibly be?"

Yuu wanted nothing else besides a peaceful life with Floyd. So what if he killed a few people? He was her amazing, loving, strong, funny, kind, gentle boyfriend that always made sure she was alright!

'So what if he killed Grim?'

"Yeah, Deuce, what are-what're you targeting Floyd for?" Her voice shook intensely.

"Yuu, you already know that Floyd... are you crying!?" Deuce gasped, causing Yuu to raise a hand to her cheek, feeling the wet tears that were streaming down her face. The panic, the thought of possibly losing Floyd, was getting to her.

She rubbed at her eyes with her sleeve. "R-Really, he didn't do anything! He didn't..! Why are you going after my boyfriend!? You just don't want me to be happy!"

"Yuu, calm down!" Deuce grabbed her shoulders. "Think about what you're saying! You know that it's him!"

Yuu curled into a ball, Deuce's hands still on her shoulders. "It's not, it's not, it's not!" she wailed desperately.

"Hold on," Riddle said, staring at the table in front of him, his hand resting on his chin. "I thought it was weird, but the day before Grim disappeared, Floyd was in your room, right, Ace?"

"Yeah, but we were playing cards the whole time," Ace said casually. He was the only one of the three that was actually a good liar. Yet Riddle's eyebrows still furrowed questioningly. "But it was only after that day that you really started spiraling and acting unlike yourself..."

Ace shrugged. "Maybe you just happened to notice then. Really though, Floyd was in my room the whole time."

"But it was right after that when I came into the room that you told me Grim was killed..." Deuce muttered, his eyes widening.