24 ~ Forever

'You're so cute... so pretty, so perfect... My perfect little shrimp. I don't want anyone else to even think about you. My little shrimpy. You're finally all mine.'

Floyd brushed a strand of hair out of Yuu's face, smiling at her sleeping form. They'd finally made it through all of the obstacles that had stopped them before, and now they could finally be together.

'Just the two of us.'

He wondered if he should've killed everyone that knew about the kind of person he really was. That would've probably been the smartest thing to do, but it would've made his Little Shrimp sad, and he couldn't have that. The grief that had overtaken her when he killed Grim was almost too much for him to watch—even now, it still affected her. He couldn't fathom how much more he'd lose her if he decided to kill everyone else she loved.

So he threw caution to the wind and kept them alive, opting to simply run away with his perfect girl. He'd planned for this, anyway. It's not like he was making a completely irrational choice that he hadn't prepared for at all, it was just one of the less than wise choices.

At least his precious, perfect Little Shrimpy would be happy and he could have her all to himself.

When Yuu awoke, she had no idea where she was. She lay limply in the bed she was in as the memories came flooding back to her.

'Someone, please tell me this is all just one bad dream. Please.'

And yet she was entirely aware that what had happened was not a nightmare, but very much reality.

Floyd's expression lit up upon noticing that she had woken up. "Lil' Shrimpy! You're awake!" He wrapped his arms around her tightly, suffocating her with his affectionate hugs and kisses.

"No one can get in our way, now," he hummed contentedly, moving his arms around her waist and staring at her lovingly. "It's just the two of us~"

She put her arms around his shoulders and cuddled closer to him, somewhat relieved at the familiar sense of sickening comfort she felt being around him. "Where are we?"

"This's one of the spots I prepared for us to run away together~" he responded as though it was the simplest thing in the world, moving in to kiss her. She kissed back, though her mind was wandering. She was thinking about all he'd left behind, too.

When he pulled away, she buried her face in the crook of his neck. "Do you miss Jade and Azul?"

"Hmm..." He thought about it for a bit. "Yeah, but then I look at you, and I forget all about them~!" He gave her a gentle squeeze. "I'm so happy, we get to be together forever~"

Forever.

She wondered if she would be treated as a criminal or a victim if they were apprehended. After what she did to Deuce and Trey, probably the former. What had possessed her to attack them?

There really was no going back to her old life, after all.

'What else can I do but enjoy this, then..?' she reasoned in her mind, pushing away all of her fears and apprehensions. She loved Floyd and now she could finally be with him. It felt so wrong, and it was wrong, but what could she do about that?

That's right, nothing. There was nothing she could do besides enjoy this. For however long it lasted, whether that be forever, or until they were caught, or if Floyd had a change of heart and decided to kill her, she would enjoy it as much as she could while it lasted.

The days blended into weeks, which blended into months. Just Yuu and Floyd alone in their little cabin in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by the unknown flora and fauna. She wasn't allowed to leave the cabin without Floyd, but that was fine; it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

Sometimes, Floyd would leave for days on end and Yuu suspected that he was going back to 'take care' of students at their old school. Whether it was her bullies or her friends that he was killing off was unbeknownst to her, but whenever he returned, he would cry the sweetest things to her, such as "I missed you so much, Lil' Shrimpy!" or "Look! You told me you missed having these, so I managed to snag some from a vending machine~".

Her kind, considerate eel.

This was how they'd live the rest of their lives.

Right?

Wrong.