Yandere! Oodle x Reader: Restart, Reset, Retry

Thank you for dumb_phr0g for requesting! Sorry for the delay, but this one is a lot longer than my usual stuff.
Spoilers for AIB, of course there's obsession, manipulation, and a lot of ambiguous actions that may be good or bad.

Waking up in one of your favorite shows was certainly a great way to start your day. It was weird at first, even weirder so was the fact that you could change your form. You ignored your newfound ability, and you went off to interact with the characters instead. You were literally living the dream.

It was strange, but you got used to it. Others were surprised by you as well, but maybe it was because they had never seen someone like you before.

You were on the first episode as well, so Four and X would arrive soon to start this season.

You befriended some of the sentient objects. You would partake in challenges and lead your team to victory, and if you were lucky, you got to solve other team's conflicts as well.

But with all dreams, they have to end.

Especially when you almost died.

You couldn't process it at first. You hadn't gotten that far into the competition, and not a single useful thought came to your mind. Dying seemed so minuscule before, but could Four even bring you back?

For the first time, you were terrified. You didn't know why you tried to laugh it off. "Haha... what a ridiculous way to die in this shő̸̦w̷̬̿-̴̭̾"

And back to the beginning.

You were paralyzed with shock, but you immediately began to check yourself. No bruises, no injuries, no damage. Just your regular self.

You only watched as the same objects came up to you. The same actions, the same dialogue, and the same host and co-host showing up.

The same team, the same encounters. However, it was fine. There seemed to be a loop-hole of sorts. Anytime you mentioned that the show was fiction, everything would reset. That was easy to figure out, all you had to do was not die. You did want to get that prize and some answers as to how you got here.

However, the near death experiences you had were uncountable. So many resets, and that's not mentioning all of the times something messed up. Viewer voting, keeping good relationships with the contestants, and so much more.

It didn't feel like a dream anymore. You really tried to have fun, but nothing ever went according to plan.

By the time of your 2763rd reset, you had finally done it. You won the BFB. You should've been happy. You made so many great friends, people were cheering for you, and you fought for such a... the prize was useless at this point.

You were tired. After everything, you still didn't feel satisfied. In the end, you just wanted to return home.

This place has brought immense joy to you before, but what did it matter? This could all be undone with one reset, and you could get this all back just as easily.

The words of fiction rolled off your tongue. You didn't want to blink.

Maybe, it wouldn't work now. The season is over because you got the BFB. It would be okay. There would be no starting over.

But the moment you closed your eyes, you knew. Your progress meant nothing.

As surprising as it was, you got used to it. You began to alter everything that you could think of. Contestant eliminations, friendships, challenges, story arcs, etcetera, etcetera.