Tennis Ball x Basketball: Different Perspectives

Thank you CDandYinyang for requesting! This is also for dumb_phr0g as well because I've probably been holding out on their request for way too long. Pen x Golf Ball and a platonic Rocky + Grassy because why not. Rare pairs 👍.

Golf Ball silently grumbled as she went and sat down with her friend, the only one who was remotely tolerable, Tennis Ball.

Her idiotic teammates were complaining about her leadership. They even tried to replace her with 8-Ball, out of all people!

"Ugh... TB, why is it that our team can't discern actual competence? I knew that they were morons, but I didn't think they'd stoop down to this level."

"I don't know, but maybe you should try listening to them for a change? At times, you can be a bit... pushy." He said.

"Are you suggesting that I'm a 'bossy bot?'"

"I wouldn't say that! It's just... you should take their words under consideration."

"Really? The same team that can't see how incapable they are? I don't think so. If they'll blindly follow the words of someone who is unfit as a leader, then why should I listen to them? You know what, I should find a better team. One that can see what I can truly offer, instead of one that can't see true potential right in front of them!" She stormed off without giving Tennis Ball a chance to speak.

In retrospect, she knew that she was in the wrong. However, her emotions had gotten the better of her. She continued to walk away. Perhaps this was why 8-Ball was a better leader than her. If she couldn't handle her emotions properly, then really, was she even fit to be a leader at all?

She was definitely in the wrong. Her slow walk quickly fastened into a run.

She was an idiot. She couldn't think of any solutions. Every calculation, invention, and everything that she has done may as well have been worthless.

She continued running until she slammed into someone. She fell back to the ground. Whoever it was, she didn't want to look. They may as well mock her for how pathetic she was.

Instead, they offered a hand. That was odd. Even though she didn't deserve the help, she looked up.

It was Pen.

He still held out his hand to her, but it got increasingly awkward when she wouldn't take it.

"You do know that I don't have arms, right?" She said.

He quickly pulled his hand back. "Oh, shoot. Sorry!"

"It's fine," She mumbled, "I'm just surprised that you're not laughing at me right now. After all, you are Blocky's friend."

She stood up, but she didn't expect to see him look ashamed. "Listen, I... wanted to apologize. For everything."

She was skeptical, but she continued to listen to whatever he had to say.

"I'm sorry that we made fun of you in the past. You didn't deserve that."

She hummed. "... I'll accept your apology, then. However, that's only because you haven't done that much. I don't forgive your friends at all."

She didn't have any arms, so she crossed her legs instead. "You can go now, don't you have anything better to do?"

He rubbed the back of his head. "About that... I kind of overheard your conversation with TB."

Golf Ball mentally face-palmed herself and muttered, "Well, isn't that just fantastic?"

He continued, "You were a bit harsh on him—"

"I know that. Could you just skip to the point?"

He sighed. "What I was going to say was, you were a bit harsh on him, but I do see where you come from. It can be really, really, frustrating when people don't want to hear you out on something. Especially if they're your friends."

She looked down. "Eh... no, I was the one that didn't want to hear out Tennis Ball in the end. I think I'll go apologize to him later... Thanks, anyway."

Pen nodded. "No problem."

They stood in silence for a bit. Pen shuffled to a side. "So... do you want to get some Arby's?"
————————————————————————

Tennis Ball sat down, wishing that he worded things better. Golf Ball must have been stressed, it was no wonder why she lashed out at him. He doesn't think that she really meant to say that to him, either.

His team may have been at fault now that he was thinking about everything.

As he was thinking to himself, Basket Ball spotted him. He didn't look good at all. Grassy was sitting on the top of her head but was surprised once she picked him up. He was placed on the ground, and he looked back at his mother in confusion.

"Grassy, why don't you play with Rocky for a bit? I have something to do."

He nodded, "Okay! Grassy will go play with Rocky!"

He happily walked away, excited at the thought of hanging out with his friend. After he was gone, Basketball went to approach Tennis Ball.

"TB, Is something wrong? You don't look well." She said.

Tennis Ball rapidly turned around to face her. "Oh! Uh, no. Nothing is wrong." He tried to smile to reassure her, but it came out as a grimace.

She raised an eyebrow. "It's going to take a lot more than that to convince me."

He sighed. "Alright, I'll tell you. It's about GB—"

"Golf Ball?! Geez, what did she do now?"

Tennis Ball sat up. "No, it's not whatever you're thinking! It's just... we kind of got into a disagreement, and I'm pretty sure that I was in the wrong. She needed someone by her side, not the so-called 'advice' I had."

Basketball patted his back, and he was taken by surprise. "Hey, I don't think that you're in the wrong. You were just trying to help. I'm sure that she appreciates it."

At least that brought a smile to his face. "Yeah... maybe."

Basketball smiled and sat down next to him. Although they sat in silence, it gave Tennis Ball some comfort knowing that there was someone who cared.
————————————————————————

Grassy walked over to Rocky with some papers and crayons that he found along the way.

He hummed a tune, a lullaby his mother sang to him every night before he went to sleep.

Once Grassy spotted his friend, his face lit up. "Rocky!"

The little rock had also brightened up once he saw Grassy. Grassy ran up to him and placed his papers and crayons on the ground. "Grassy wants to draw with Rocky!"

"Mhm!" Rocky said.

Grassy placed a piece of paper and some crayons in front of Rocky. He picked up his favorite crayon and started drawing on his own paper.

While he drew, Rocky threw up on his paper. Grassy stopped drawing to look at it. It sort of resembled the two of them if you squinted.

Grassy giggled. "Wow! Rocky is so good at art."

Rocky smiled. Meanwhile, Grassy was adding the final touches to his drawing. When he was done, he showed it to Rocky.

It was Grassy's stylized art of the two. It was full of scribbles and color, but he was still proud of it. "Does Rocky like it?" He asked.

Grassy was met with another "Mhm!" from Rocky, but that was enough to make him happy.

"Yay! Grassy is so happy to have Rocky as his best friend."