XVIII

"Phi?" Ohm weakly called out. Off turned and looked at him with raised eyebrows.

Ohm's eyes fell on the glass of alcohol in the other's hand which was already halfway through. This made him contemplate that whether he should continue with what he was going to say or stop right there, the other not being in his senses.

Off's eyes followed the younger's line of sight and he smiled.

"Don' worry, I'm not drunk yet, I'm not a lightweight haha." Ohm let out a sigh of relief hearing that.

"Can I have a word with you? Alone?" He said, nervously fiddling with his fingers. Off noticed his discomfort and immediately nodded.

Both walked to a quieter and secluded place, away from the others. Ohm felt both guilt and shame at the same time, not really wanting to face the other.

Off placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, gesturing for him to begin.

The younger took a deep breath and decided to start the safe way.

"Are you-- are you mad at P'Gun?" His gaze dropped to the floor. He felt afraid of hearing just any answer that Off might give.

"No I'm not. I was never mad at Gun."

What..? If a meme like face ever existed then it was Ohm's at that moment.

"You were never mad at him? then what is all this about?"

Off smiled and looked at the trees, their leaves gently drifting with the wind gave his mind some peace. "I can never be mad at Gun, i am just distancing myself from him. In all honesty, I am mad at Tay and only him."

"What if i told you that he is not the person you should be mad at?"

"What do you mean?"

"What i mean is, he did nothing wrong."

"huh?"

"It was me, who did the wrong."

"YOU SLEPT WITH GUN?"

"WHAT, N-NO no!"

"then?"

"i-i slept with um, Khun Kirdpan--"

"Don't you have a boyfriend?!"

"Would you let me complete?!"

"oh okay sorry."

"We were both drunk and we don't remember anything from that night. All we remember is that we woke up in the same bed. When we reached the office people already had an idea that two people slept together, they started guessing who it could be and deduced that it was P'Tay and P'Gun. Stop having a beef with them already, they don't deserve this."

"I..."

"also... can I ask a favour of you?"

"okay?"

"Can you not tell anybody this until me and Kirdpan are ready? I just wanted to clear the air between you three so I decided to trust you with this. I genuinely apologize, it all happened because of us. P'Tay has been so worried about you all this while. He couldn't stop saying things like you are going through a hard time and nobody is there to comfort you. I am sorry but I can neither see him and P'Gun nor you like this."

"In all honesty, I am speechless. Okay i will not tell anybody about this, however, I'm still disappointed in you. Singto is a nice guy. I don't know how you are going to bring it up to him but I'm sure that, that smile." He pointed at Singto's laughing figure sitting by Krist. "is gonna fade away."

Ohm sighed. He still had to tell Singto everything and now after what Off had said, he felt even more discouraged to act upon his plan. There were times where he thought that he should bring Nanon with himself to talk with Singto. But wouldn't that mean that he wants a breakup? No he simply wants to present his apology. Not look like he had found a new partner. Facing Singto alone also seemed scary to him. He needed a mental support.