XXVI

"What can drive one to madness?"

"Silence"

Gun's face contorted into a quizzical expression in response to the answer given by the older.

"Silence?" he cross questioned.

"Yeah, silence. Not having someone to talk to, staying within the same walls for days, months or even years without any human contact. That can drive one to madness." Off replied.

Gun laughed. "I thought you'd say something fantastical like love can drive one to madness, it can even start wars." The older smiled.

"Yeah that would be more like me."

Gun flipped to the following page of the book as he read the next question.

"How would it actually feel like to mankind if time stopped." he asked.

The two men sat in the back of a library filled with quietude. The place usually remained scarcely populated during the mornings and both Off and Gun found it favourable.

Off looked around at the empty tables and rows of bookshelves lined up one after the other.

"Like right now." he answered.

"What do you mean?"

"In the moment, it feels like it's just us. Usually, every morning I get this feeling that I'm the only one in action, as if the world has stopped or much rather there's nobody around. I'm the only person on this planet, alive if you may say, no objects moving either. That I'd walk out and find empty streets and material stuff lying around."

"Oh my God where are you getting these beautiful answers from. I thought you were a weirdo but you're just a silly nerd." Gun dramatically wiped his fake tears off.

"What do you mean by that?! I'm a cool person."

"Yeah cool, definitely."

"Are you not agreeing with me Gun?!"

"I am, of course I am." Gun laughed. Off huffed and faced the other side.

"Fine, next question. Which flower has the most beautiful meaning?"

"You. Each time I try to decipher another part of you, I'm amazed by the beauty of its meaning."

"Y-you-... anyway. The next one is, which is the loneliest celestial body?"

"Well, a black hole? Like we all know that all the stars and planets, they for sure are lonely but they're also not. People admire them, want to get close to them, touch them. Only a few daring ones ever think about reaching a black hole. In the end, no one does."

"We have pictures of the black holes. There's so many people that admire them." Gun spoke.

"I don't know, that's just my perspective. What if someday I said to you that my love for you is so vast that I could gift a black hole to you. Does it sound plausible? is it appealing?" Gun shook his head. "See? if I talked about stars, moon and the galaxies, you would be okay. Nobody admires the black hole, they're just curious about it."

"Why are you actually making sense? Out of the two of us, you are supposed to be the daft human." Off chuckled and shook his head. "I've read theories about how stars explode and then is a when a blackhole is formed." he added.

"Fine fine, I'll move further. The next question is, why are the hands-- oh wait! I forgot to tell you! Yesterday I saw Ohm and Nanon holding hands in the washroom!"

Off's eyes widened in surprise. He knew that Gun was expecting an explanation and that made him feel more guilty. "Oh, probably their business."

"No but-- I wanna know why! Ohm has a boyfriend and Nanon, wasn't he going to get married?!"