XXII

"AI' Ohm, you gave me the production department file, I needed the technca- oh" Nanon stopped as he noticed the presence of another person in the room. Ohm stared at him and awkwardly smiled. Nanon mirrored the expression and placed the file on table. He raised his eyebrows at the other as he waited for him to take some action.

Ohm got out of his seat and started looking through the heap of files behind the table. Nanon glanced at Singto in the meantime and found him already looking back at him. Both smiled and Nanon averted his gaze feeling the tension rise. Nanon hated it, this feeling that he was currently experiencing, he called it a mental illness, others would term it as jealousy.

The moment Ohm passed him the file he rushed out of the room with quick steps, both Singto and Ohm stared at his back in confusion. A few seconds after Nanon had left and Ohm had sat to resume with his work, Krist stepped into the room. Ohm immediately rose from his seat and bowed, Singto remained seated. Krist pulled a chair and sat next to Singto.

As he had settled down, he faced Ohm and asked. "What do you think about marriage?" the other two looked at him in bewilderment. The sudden question made them feel slightly uncomfortable and they themselves did not know whom this question was directed towards. Ohm thought it was about him and Singto. Singto thought of two extremes, either Krist had a plan in mind and was suggesting for him to marry Ohm or he had an even more bizarre plan in mind that involved Singto marrying him.

Both did not please Singto much. "What do you mean sir?" Ohm drawled his question out.

"Do you think I should get married at this age?"
that's it. Singto thought. Krist was definitely suggesting their marriage and then it's all over.

"Uh, I'm afraid I'm not aware of your age sir." Ohm smiled as he looked to the side.

"25" Krist chortled whilst stating.

"If you were to ask me, I think you are well settled in your job so it should be okay if you want to get married although 25 is still too young. I personally wouldn't want to get married at 25 plus I've barely started with my profession."

"Hm, I can understand. Originally it was me who was arranged to this one girl from a good family but now that I have convinced my way out of it, they have decided to marry Nanon off in my stead."

"WHAT!?" and that was the loudest Ohm had ever exclaimed, even Singto got surprised.

"You seem pretty startled by the news." Ohm swallowed harshly and looked away once again. Nanon had to get married some day and Ohm has a boyfriend who is currently sitting infront of him. Why did he feel conflicted?

"Has khun Kirdpan agreed to it?"

"he hasn't, yet. But he will once he is made aware of it."

"Okay..." Ohm's posture slumped as rested limply in his seat. Krist left and a few minutes later Singto excused himself to the restroom. Ohm remained in the same position. Minutes passed, Singto came back, tried to start a conversation but to no avail.

--------

As Krist sat on his office chair he thought of all possible ways he could tell Nanon about the marriage deal. He also thought back to Ohm's expression a few minutes ago, the different emotions that the male's eyes radiated, made Krist feel ecstatic. He smiled to himself.

After a while, without knocking Singto abruptly entered the room. He narrowed his eyes at Krist and took a seat opposite him. The latter comfortably rested his arms on the table and gazed the professor.

"Do you think... Nanon was he? will agree?" questioned Singto.

"He has no choice."

"Okay... So what do you think about marriage? like in general?" he knew it was wrong to ask, he knew he wasn't the person who was allowed to ask such a question yet, he did.

"Exactly what Ohm said, not what he said about me in specific, but what his crude thoughts are about marriage. I think 25 is too early to settle down, my job isn't yet stable in my eyes, I have, yet to learn alot of things." Singto nodded in agreement.

"What's your ideal type?"

"Are we really going through this Khun Prachaya?" Krist laughed.

"That was a random question, don't get too ahead of yourself." Singto defensively stated and looked away.

"The pitch of your voice doesn't agree with that but let's say that was, a random question and my answer to it is you." Singto visibly blushed and was about to retort back when a knock was heard on the door. Nanon entered the room and greeted the two.

"Phi" Nanon politely said.

"hm?"

"This is the file you got delivered to my desk this morning. I'm done with the work you just need to review it." the younger proudly smiled and placed the file on the desk. Krist read and read and read. As Nanon waited, that ugly feeling came back, the mental illness, he couldn't believe himself for feeling that way, he loathed himself.

Both the other males in the room eagerly waited for Krist to finish as they could feel the awkward tension rise rapidly between them. The question was, why was Singto feeling awkward? There was no apt justification to it.

"Okay I'm done and it's alright." the men sighed and Nanon proceeded to nod after that. He grabbed the file from his cousin and was about to walk out when Krist spoke:

"I don't think you're aware of it, but you have been arranged with a girl."

"HUH?" His body immediately took a one eighty degree turn and he stared at Krist, dumbfounded.

"What do you mean I've been arranged!? When did this happen!?"

"Like yesterday?"

"How can you be so chill!? Can't you see that I'm too young for marriage!? Couldn't you talk it out with them??"

"I'm sorry Non, someone had to take the fall."

"Fall?" He questioned feeling pure rage within himself. "Don't tell me you did it again."

"Do what?" asked Singto and Nanon immediately stopped after realising that another person was present in the room. He looked down to the floor and gritted his teeth. Why did he always have to compromise, Krist was the older one and he always got away with things, always got everything on a platter. When on the other hand Nanon had to work day and night and even convince his parents from time to time to get things.

"Can we talk about this at home, phi?" he tried his best to tone his anger down and reply as calmly as possible.

Singto pursed his lips and looked away. Family drama he thought. He knew some wild reaction was going to come out of the mess Krist made and this was it, this was the wild reaction. Nanon looked completely aggravated and spiteful and he could pounce on Krist anytime if he weren't older.

"I mean, Prachaya knows everything about the marriage." the very next second Nanon's neck snapped in Singto's direction and the latter feared that he would hit him.

"Tell me I am not the last person to know?" At this point Nanon was really trying hard to not lose his temper.

"Not the last, but the fourth." Krist answered.

"Whose the third? P'Gun?"

"Chittsawangdee."