76-80

Chapter 76

***

Near the Imperial capital at Redwood city,

At the place where Blacktiger died, one of the inspecting men of the domain lord said after looking at all the corpses, "Its a work of a professional, clean and precise, from the wounds it looks that the assassin used a lot of potent poisons . He was most probably a speedy guy from how he could inflict these many wounds on Blacktiger . While looking at those other two guys they seemed to have died in an ambush, The assassin most probably targetted them first since they were weaker ones . "

The guy who was speaking looked like a middle-aged tall man with long hair and a tan . His name was Rudolf .

The other man was Greg, He had an average height as a person and black hair . Greg spoke after hearing Rudolf's speculation, "Anyways it is good that he is already dead, we were already having enough headache with him and his men and them neglecting laws willfully over here . I was always pissed that we could never take action against his men . "

Rudolf smiled a bit as he spoke, "Who knows maybe Lord himself was his patron and hence his stay over here . So all that headache may just be a ruse to fool everyone including his enemies . "

As soon as Greg heard it, Greg made a funny motion with his fingers which told Rudolf that he should keep quiet and not implicate him with his words, "Shh . are you intending to kill yourself and take me along with you on your Journey to hell after speaking these words in public . Some things aren't intended to be spoken aloud unless you are powerful . It's good that it was only me who heard this over here . God knows what would if any of the other men heard it . "

Rudolf smoked his Cigarette, laughed and spoke to him, "Do you think I am that dumb to speak this in front of others, I trust you enough that I can talk anything I like in front of you . "

Greg grinned and said, "Who knows, I won't vouch for your dumbass behavior if someone asked me . Meanwhile, I heard a rumor that this guy was involved in the illegal slave trade of our own people during the war to recuperate his losses . do you think it is true? and if it is true why didn't anyone take any action against him . "

Rudolf laughed mockingly and said, "Hmm . . . you don't understand the nature of war, there is not only one guy or mercenaries involved in this slave trade, but a lot of aristocrats are also involved in it . Many times some nobles are involuntarily involved as they would not want to be left out in that group, so many nobles have to pretend in the upper circles . We don't know for certain if our lord is involved or not . But I know for sure that a lot of them are involved in it . This is what I heard from the inner circles of our Lord . Anyways some people are coming in our direction . Let's not talk about this anymore . "

Greg too hushed and spoke, "Yeah, we better not, Anyway, so what's your conclusion on the reason for this guy's death?"

Rudolf thought seriously and spoke his thoughts, "A professional guy, It looks like the Assasin tailed the bar owner to their hideout and started his ambush from the window . A silly choice however a very clean job .

Rudolf looked at the bar owner and said, "Our sources never knew that this bar owner was one of his men . He was pretty good at hiding his real identity . What do you think?"

Greg thought a bit and gave his conclusions, "It might be because he was recruited later on by Blacktiger, or they intentionally didn't contact each other for the initial years so people don't doubt him . As a bar owner, he has a pretty good source of information from all the people traveling here . So it is expected that he might be a spy of one faction or other since selling information is quite a profitable job . "