86-90

Chapter 86

Evan ordered his men as they prepared to leave in a hurry, "We have had enough of humiliation at this shitty place, we are leaving immediately . "

At the end of the conclusion, everyone in the town cheered which included Slaves and commoners alike . The cheering was done by Slaves in the most extravagant manner as this very event removed the knot that was tied in their hearts and minds for a long time .

John was smiling from ear to ear after watching this event, however, it was not the same for all the officials .

Many of the officials had different thoughts, This included Tornwall who had mixed thoughts, 'We are making too many enemies and that too in a short time . I guess this is what I would have thought if I never lived a life of a slave However after becoming a slave I guess I now have a different opinion regarding John's decision'

Watching this Vlad thought and laid out his thoughts to Diana, "So this was the reason, why he defied that duke, it seems he preferred to strengthen his long term goals instead of short term gains . A very wise choice by him . "

Diana was confused as she asked, "Why do you think so, practically looking, didn't he only make an enemy out of Duke Fjord?"

Vlad pointed towards the people cheering and remarked, "You see all those people celebrating? At some point, they will become John's biggest force and asset . Why do you think your father treats his people better compared to all other domains?"

Diana spoke as she heard him, "Well, I thought it was inherent in father's nature . "

Vlad smiled as he asked, "Do you know why the royal family hates our guts?"

Diana said in an obvious tone, "Well we are strong and we have a long history where we defied them a lot, so that is one of the reasons why they hate us . "

Vlad explained, "Where do you think our strength comes from? It is from common people, our men don't sell us out easily under pressure, it is harder to cause civil unrest by raising the issue of taxes . So there are a lot of factors . It's good that the elders understand when it comes to the internal interests of our family however they still nag when it comes to lowering taxes . well, lets go there, they are already waiting for us . So you got the gist why he is prioritizing long term goals?"

Diana nodded in agreement as she signaled Maurice, "Ok, come, Maurice, we are heading at the square, inform our men . "

Vlad and Diana arrived at the square where all the officials were gathered in front of the Hope restaurant,

Dearil came and saluted Vlad as he began to give his report,

Vlad came to Dearil as he flicked him on his forehead with his finger and said, "I heard you were previously enjoying the show when this incident took place . "

Dearil frustratingly thought as he murmured, "That lieutenant of mine must have ratted me out, I will make sure to make him work twice than he normally does . As for that incident, even if I did something, it would have escalated to these levels as that Noble Evan had already recognized Martha so I thought why not let the fire flare and see the show . "

Dearil smiled as he gave an understanding look, "I am sure even you were surprised after watching that brat's performance, aren't you? As for that brat, he is already safe, our men gave him the medicine and he is resting for now . "

Vlad nodded as he spoke gravely, "Okay, enough of these boring reports, right now I need you to carry out an urgent mission . As you might already know, it is to tail Evan and his men, you will have to report his whereabouts and all the aristocrats he meets, Inform me immediately if he comes in contact with Duke Blackwolf of the west . That guy is seriously funding a lot of pirates to raid our fleets nowadays .