126-130

Chapter 126

****

Jack was in John’s office after such a long time,

John asked Jack with a meaningful gaze, "Are you sure Jack? isn’t your family against you allying with me? do you really want to go against your family?"

Jack sighed and said with a determined will, "Yes, I am pretty much sure this time around . Since Joseph can make a hard decision . I too would have to take a hard decision . Well, Joseph still has more support from his father . And as Joseph said, Big risks, big gains, I guess I am following that rule . And I would only be hindered at my family so I guess I want to get power without my family . "

John nodded and reminded him, "However in his opposition, there is his grandfather and his brothers . Well, the same goes for you plus your father . He is a real cautious guy . I guess he is cautious because most of your family’s business is in the north and allying with me would mean you guys are against Duke Norman which would be very fatal for your business . I guess he is already pissed because of the soap trading your family is conducting right now . "

Jack agreed and spoke, "That’s true, my brothers and cousins too are using this as a pretext so that I can’t compete in the snake Family . However, I am thinking about the bigger picture right now so I guess I need to take more risks . Additionally, a lot of people don’t like me earning more money because of this soap trade . As I have already made many enemies so I don’t think more enemies would matter as I make this choice . From now on I will be investing in this town aggressively as I intend to make this my headquarters and intend to make this my base of operations for the future . "

John nodded as he gave a letter and spoke, "Okay, then you will be in charge of the Logistics department and Northern trade for North-frontier town, we are already short of capable people and Taylor can’t handle everything . It will better if he reduces his burden a bit . You can use your connections and always use those guys who are not in the race for becoming heads in their family or marginalized to increase our connections and trade . Here is your appointment . You can ask Joseph for any information regarding the logistics department as he is the head of the ministry of commerce . You need to be prepared for retaliation from your family as they wouldn’t like to be associated with you after this appointment . They would most likely announce that they have cut relations with you as most of your brothers and cousins would pressure your family as they would most likely comply . Today Taylor is out for some business so you can meet him later on . "

Jack nodded and left his office, "Okay, I will be investigating this town for more business opportunities . I will meet Taylor later on . I will be leaving for now . "

****

Ads by Pubfuture
One of the Heads from prison reported to John as he entered his office later, "Lord they still haven’t said anything these few days . Only the other guy is speaking . "

John nodded and gave him orders, "I guess we need to start using those new tools and my new drug so that they lose their will power . Start from each body part as each body part will give them psychological fear and their mind will say to agree to us so that they can be relieved . Call Redbeer and tell him to bring those new tools that I told earlier to be made . Take this letter and show him, he will understand . "

Prison Head, "Lord there is also a letter from the Pope of Radiant church over the previous matter by someone named Knight Calvin . His entourage was quite overbearing this time around when they handed in the letter . They are saying that there will be big consequences if that guy Francis isn’t handed over . It seems he has some relation to someone in the higher-ups of the Radiant Church . "