Forth

Park came to pick me up for our beach day on Saturday morning. Since we were rooming together, it made sense to go together also. As I met him at the bike, just before we were to set off, Suyn came by.

"Can we talk?"

Park looked at her and was about to reply curtly when I smacked his head. He glared at me and then looked at her, took a deep breath and went "Yes Suyn? What about?"

"I know you didn't mean to date me. Actually you never said it but I assumed. I know I was angry and did many things yesterday but I can't forget you. Can't you try and date me? For real?"

Park looked at her for a long time. He didn't know how to respond. I just watched him, not wanting to take part in this conversation at all.

"Er Suyn, actually. What I want... is er.."

"What he is trying to say is that he can't date you Suyn.."

I just blabbered out. Park turned to look at me and so did Suyn.

"But why P? Why not? Am I not nice? Am I not worth dating?"

"Don't be silly Suyn. Don place your self worth on one guy not dating you. You are nice. Just that Park likes someone else."

"Oh!" Who is this?! How come Park is so quiet about it?"

"Of course he will be. Especially when he likes a guy. He decided to confess yesterday after you slapping him because he realized actions alone are not enough. Sometimes you have to express it. So your slap gave him the courage but he got rejected badly."

"OH Park! Are you ok?! I'm so sorry I am adding onto this.."

I smirked silently as Park watched everything like a goldfish, his mouth gaping constantly.

"It's ok Park. You are a nice guy. Keep trying ok? I didn't realise you like guys too. I will go now but if you need a listening ear, I'm here ok. And thank you  P for your advice too."

Suyn nodded at us and left. I watched her go and turned around only to find Park glaring at me.

"A guy? I like a guy?!?! What the.... Forth!"

"Shut up Park. At least it got you out of this situation with Suyn. Knowing you, you will have agreed to date her right? To make her happy?"

Park kept quiet but continued glaring at me. I shrugged it off.

"Let's go" Park got onto the bike and I climbed on. Our ride to the beach was a quiet one. When we reached the beach, I happily went off to play in the waters with the boys whilst Park continued sulking with beers on the beach. I watched him from afar.

"What's with him?" Lam asked me. I turned to Lam and shared the entire story.

"Oh man. Forth.. I know you meant well but that's a wrong move..  did you forget the situation with his cousin whom he adored?"

Shit. That incident floated back into my memory now. Shit, shit, now I recalled. Damn that was a wrong move. I quickly turned around to look but Park was missing.

"He's missing Lam!"

Lam swivelled around too. We both got out of the water, the rest watching us. I told Lam to go back to Pha and let them know but I will go look for Park and come back with him. Lam nodded tersely, his worry all over his face.

I put on my shirt and went off looking for Park. Couldn't find him anywhere at all. I finally went to the cabins and found him there, in our room, drinking away at the balcony.

"Park.. Park..! Look I'm sorry. I didn't..."

"It's ok... I just want to be alone. Let me be ok.."

I tried to reach out to him but he stood up, shut the balcony's door from me and locked himself outside. I sighed. I knew I had blown it.

I went out and met up with the rest of the boys who looked at me apologetically. I sighed and just laid my head on the table, lamenting over my stupidity.