Park

Fuck la. Forth just saw me like naked. God. This is embarrassing to the max. I didn't know what to do and chose to calmly put my towel away but only I know the low key embarrassment I am going through.

I took a drink and then splashed some water on my face and went out. He was on the phone so that made things easier.
I heard him as he was grumbling away about something. I chuckled and then my phone rang. It was Suyn.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I need your help! Pretend to be my boyfriend for 1 day can?"

"What?! Why? You know I don't do such shit."

"I know. Its just that my really pesky annoying cousin is coming to town with her hot boyfriend so i gotta show her up. I had it with her always putting me down. If you can't, let me borrow Forth."

"What?! Heck no. No way. No chance. Fat hope."

"I'm just borrowing your boyfriend for a day. He's not for keeps."

"No way. Not even for a day. Quit it."

"So you agree he's your boyfriend?!"

"What, no, he's not... stop it.. what is it? For 1 day? OK fine. I be your boyfriend for 1 day aite?"

"Thank you!! See you on Wednesday at The Cloud, 7pm. Dress well."

"The Cloud?! Fuck."

"Thank you!"

She hung up on me before I could say anything. I rolled my eyes. I took a deep breath and then turned to realize Forth was watching TV and he prolly heard my convo.

"Who was that?"

"OH Suyn, she wanted me to pretend to be her boyfriend for 1 day."

"OH. Right. Pretend. I thought you hated such things? How come you agreed to her?"

"I.. Wells. Cos.. er, she was being.."

"It's fine. You don't have to tell me if its personal. Maybe who knows, it be real over time."

"Forth.."

"I'm gonna go out for a bit. Just a smoke ok. I be right back."

He stood up and almost walked away if I hadn't grabbed his hand.

"Forth! Stop it. What's wrong?"

"Nothing Park. Everything is fine."

"You don't sound fine. You sound odd. You think I don't know you?"

"I thought I knew you too. Thought you hated lies. Thought you got mad pissed at me for lying to Suyn but now you are willing to play along with her."

"Jesus. FORTH. Don be silly. She wanted to show up to her cousin. I refused. She wanted you to be her pretend boyfriend and there's no way I am letting that happen so I chose to be hers instead. Just for a day. I promise. Nothing else."

"OH.." stupid Forth had the audacity to blush then. Stupid fellow was making a mountain out of a molehill. He looked abashed and sat down quietly, smoke all forgotten. I sat down, just watching him quietly from the side of my eyes. He kept quiet before I heard a soft "Sorry. I didn't mean to be this annoying.."

I kept quiet but I was badly fighting a smile. Was he this jealous over me pretending to be Suyn's boyfriend?

"Were you being annoying or jealous?"

I didn't hear anything for a long while. Finally i heard him say, "jealous."

That's when he stood up and fled for a smoke at the balcony, effectively locking himself outside.

I just continued sitting down, letting this information sink in. A smile of my own coming over me.