Family Sized

"Finally", Ginny said, throwing her arms up as Hermione entered their room, "Get ready. We're going out."

"What? Where?" the curly-haired witch questioned, "I have to work on my potions assignment."

"I'm going to act like I never heard that," she said, taking the textbooks in her hand and levitating them onto her desk, "It's your birthday, and we're going out. Harry and Ron are already waiting in the courtyard. Now get ready."

Hermione knew she could never get out of this. Ginny was more stubborn than she was. She sighed, going to her closet, "Can you at least specify what 'going out means? Should I wear something formal or casual? You're not going to drag me to another muggle underground club, are you?" She hated clubs. Everyone sticking to each other and older men groping and trying to dance with her made her feel super uncomfortable. But Ginny was the opposite; she thrived in the euphoria of such an environment.

"Casual will do, and as much as I would want to, I won't force you to go somewhere you hate on your birthday," Ginny responded, checking her perfectly manicured nails to see if there were any dents.

Casual. She glanced over her shoulder to see what her roommate was wearing—a black mini skirt with a cropped brown long-sleeve shirt.

Wearing skirts made her feel uncomfortable, so she went with the safest option—Black high-waisted jeans paired with a black crop top shirt and some black boots.

"Going to a funeral?" the red-haired witch commented, and Hermione turned around, rolling her eyes, "Funny."

Ginny reached for her wand from her bedside table and walked towards her, "What type of hairstyle do you want?"

"I think it's okay like this," Hermione pointed out, and Ginny went behind her and placed her hands over her shoulders to turn her around so she could see her reflection in the mirror.

"See," Ginny started, "Your hair looks like it hosted a whole bird tribe's eggs," she remarked, grinding her teeth. Hermione, who hadn't looked at her reflection the whole day, agreed with her statement. Was she really walking around like this? "Fine," she signed, "Just do whatever you see fit."

Ginny sat her at the edge of her bed and started untangling all the knots that had formed in her hair, "Merlin, Hermi! Left your brush back home?" she questioned, applying all sorts of remedies to straighten her hair. She tried using her wand, but even magic was useless.

She actually didn't know if she even had her brush with her. There was a high chance she might have forgotten it with all the post-war brain fog. After what seemed like an hour, Ginny had managed to straighten her hair and style it with her wand. The final look she went for was straight to light waves at the bottom. Ginny charmed her hair, so it stayed like that the whole day. Sort of like a magical hairspray, she thought to herself.

Hermione couldn't even recognize herself in the mirror. The last time she had properly done her hair was for Bill and Fleur's wedding.

She felt different.

Pretty?

Yes, pretty.

Well, sort of.

She thanked Ginny by hugging her. Whilst Hermione was doing her last outfit check, Ginny Accioed a small box from her desk, "The final touch," she said, handing the neatly wrapped gift to her. She tore up the wrapping paper and opened the box to find a silver necklace with a rose gold guiding star, "I've noticed that you feel the most at peace under the stars, so if you tap the star three times, it creates the same false environment wherever you are, but only you can see it."

Hermione, who wasn't used to getting such personal gifts, felt her eyes welling," Wow, Ginny. I—mean this is—Wow—"

"I know. I'm amazing, and you couldn't wish for a better sister than me. I know," a laugh bubbled out of Hermione, and she hugged her again. She grabbed her hair to lift it so that Ginny could attach the necklace to her neck. Once on, she tapped on it three times, and the room went dark. It felt like she was floating in space; stars surrounded her everywhere, and she couldn't help but smile like a madman. She couldn't even make out Ginny's silhouette; every item in the room had vanished, "Ginny?" she called out.