Prologue (Deku side)

(Season 5 spoilers ahead!)

DEKU! Midoriya!

Everything fades to black as I lose consciousness; the last thing I can remember is someone reaching out to hold me as others yell out my name.

"Hey... hey kid, you ok" I hear a voice fade in. My eyes get less and less heavy, and I open them.

"Good, you're awake" I saw the man clearly, now it was a police officer with a concerned look on his face.

"Can you tell me why you were taking a snooze on the grass? This is a public place. You can't sleep here," he says to me.

"I-I don't know, I can't remember anything," I explain, which was true; I don't have the foggiest idea what I'm doing in the park; the last thing I remember is training with all might and Kachan and some bits and pieces after that, but everything else is a blur.

"Can you tell me your name?" the officer says.

"Izuku Midoriya, but you might know me by my hero's name Deku," I tell him.

"Hero Aren't you a little old for pretend? Why would I know you by that name? Maybe you are getting reality confused with your comic books, kid. I can escort you to the nearest hospital if you want," he tells me.

"What are you talking about? I am a student at UA; I'm doing my work-study with Endeavor, the number one hero!" but even after all that, he looks confused.

"I'm sorry, kid, but this all sounds like a kid playing pretend; I'll take you to the nearest hospital. I think some of your memories are off. Did you hit your head at all recently?"

What's going on? Maybe if I go with him, it will give me some answers.

The Doctors had me in all day, but after nothing came up, I was let go, still as confused as ever, but even worse, I'm Quirk less again. I did feel like something was off since I woke up, but I could always feel black whip or one for all deep inside, but now I know it's gone. Even trying to push one for all to activate, nothing happened.

"So, my quirk is gone, but now that I think of it, I don't even know where I am; whenever I ask about UA, no one knows what I'm even talking about. This could only mean that not only was my quirk taken, I might have transported back in time before quirks were a thing, but I could have also been transferred to another world."

"Hey, kid, stop talking to yourself in public it's freaking everybody out!" a voice yells at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I yell back.

I got to work on that.

I spend the rest of the day wondering around if I've got no place to live without the UA dorms; I checked my phone won't turn on, so I can even check if any of my friends got sent here, and I can't even call my mom. This city doesn't even look familiar, so I don't think I could take a bus home since I don't have any cash.

"I wonder if I'm alone here. Maybe that's for the best if I'm stuck here; that might mean all of my friends are working on the way to get me out of here."

"Please help us out!" I hear a familiar voice yell, and I don't believe it.

"Kaminari?" I ask

"Wait, how did you know my name? Have you been stalking me?" he starts getting very aggressive.

"Um, you don't remember me. It's me, Midoriya," I ask.

"Nope, never seen you since well... right now," he tells me.

"Oh ok, by the way, why are you handing out flyers."

I'll have to assume this is another world. He looks just like Kaminari. This can't be the past, but he doesn't remember me. I was Definity sent to another world.

"Well, you see, My parent's restaurant needs some extra help, so I've been handing out flyers to people, but no one seems interested, but you seem to know me. Did we go to the same school at some point? Sorry if I forgot about you," he says.

This Kaminari seems like he is in a bad spot, I know it's not the same world, but if I can help his family, I've got to try.

"Um, no, we didn't. You seem familiar to me, but for your request, I'd love to help you out; I don't care what I'm paid as long as I can help out in any way," I say with a smile.

"Great, you're the best man! Where do you live? Do you need a ride; I can carpool from our place to yours!" he tells me.

"Oh well, I don't have a place. I'm homeless as of today" technically, that was the truth.

"Wait, for real? Hold on one sec," he says.

He pulls out his phone and starts talking with someone. I think it was his mom.

"Alright just got off the phone with my folks. We can take care of you as long as you're helping us out. Hope you don't mind staying in a cramped guest room," he says with a smile.

 Hope you don't mind staying in a cramped guest room," he says with a smile

"Wait, really! that would help. Are you sure another person living with you seems like a lot," I ask?

"It would not be a problem; we usually take home all the leftover food, so food is not an issue, and the guest room has two beds. If you have a friend, they are welcome as long as they help out as well!"

"Ah, that's so nice, thanks, but it will just be me for now," I say.

"Well, thanks, man. This will really help us out," he tells me.

I met his parents and learned the basics. I'm taking other people's orders for the time being, they also generously gave me a flip phone since mine no longer works, but I'm learning how to cook when we're not on the clock. A week passes, and I'm standing by the counter taking orders, but today was different, the door opens, and a familiar face appears.

"So hungry!" she calls out and stops in her tracks as she looks me in the eye.

"Deku? is that you? Finally, I've found you!"

It's her! It's not another version like Kaminari. Her face tells me she knows who I am; I wasn't sent here alone.

"Uraraka?"

End of chapter

End of chapter

hope that was a good start to this series. I have no idea if this is bad or not. This is my first fanfiction. If you don't count the one-shots I've done before, this will be my 1st actual story, so I really hope this isn't garbage because I really enjoy writing this. The next chapter will be Uraraka's side of the story. It should be up tomorrow.

This is also my 1st time trying to use pictures. I think they make the story come alive a bit, so I will start using pictures as much as I can when I feel like it fits the mood.