Side Story: Part 1 Christmas special

This small chapter exists in the same world as this book but doesn't occur right after the last part. I wanted to include a Christmas chapter in my book, but since I'm running out of time, I thought about doing a side story instead.

 On December 15th, Deku is at the mall looking for a Christmas present for the white elephant party. That mina invited him and Uraraka as well.

"I wonder what a good gift would be," Deku says.

Deku wanders around the mall for a while. Eventually, he stops at a board game store, where he picks out a superhero card set.

"I Hope whoever gets this gift likes it."

Deku makes his way home to wrap his gift, hoping Uraraka is still out looking for her gift. He walks into his place with the lights still off.

"Good, I'm alone," Deku says while taking out his gift and grabbing a gift bag and tissue paper, and starts to wrap his present.  

A few hours pass, and Uraraka comes with a wrapped gift bag. 

"Hey Deku, sorry for the wait. I ran into mina on the way home to wrap this, and we went out for a bit." Uraraka says with a tired expression.

"Uraraka, you don't look so good. Is there something wrong?" Deku asks.

"Oh, I'm just a little tired after being out all day; I promise I'm fine," she says with a fake smile.

 "I feel like recently Uraraka has been hiding something from me, but anytime I ask, she gives me that same fake smile. Maybe I should ask Ashido about it at the party."

December 24th

"Hey, Midoriya Uraraka, you made it!" mina says, welcoming them inside.

They walk inside and place their gifts by the tree; the smell of food wafts in the air Deku and Uraraka sit down at the table and begin to enjoy the food.

"Thank you, Kaminari, for the cooking!" Mina says.

"No problem, I was happy to help," he says with a smile.

"Who's ready to play white elephant!" Mina yells out.

"Can you explain the rules again? I've never done this at my house," Jiro asks.

"Yeah, same here. I don't think I've even heard of this until now," Uraraka interjects. 

"Well, we all have a number. Whoever's number gets picked to choose first, and everyone after that can steal a gift or pick a new one." Mina explains.

"Does that mean whoever goes first doesn't get to steal?" Deku asks.

"No, that's what is best about going first. If you don't like it, you can swap your gifts with anyone at the end."

"Oh, I see," Deku says.

They all pick their numbers and put them on sticks. Mina ends up pulling the number 3 out of the tin.

"Whose number 3?" Mina yells out.

"Oh, that's me," Uraraka says.

Uraraka takes one of the bags and unwraps a mug.

"Oh, is this a heated mug?"

"Yeah, that was from me when you put coffee in it. It's a nice flower pattern. I was kind of hoping that would go to you. I know you drink a lot of coffee at work," Mina says.

"That's cool. Now I have a personal mug to bring to work," Uraraka says with a smile.

"Alright, next number is 2!" Mina calls out.

a world without quirks (Izuocha)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara