Crossover: Demon slayer #7

Meteor would be lying if he said he wasn't worried about his sister. He knew Lucky was much stronger and more experienced than him, but he could also tell the recklessness in her eyes. As both of them had enhanced their sense through training, it was hard for both to conceal their emotions in front of each other, especially when Lucky was a straightforward one who enjoyed living true to her heart.

Second day after Lucky headed off, he began to feel anxious because she hadn't return yet, and the sun was setting. He wasn't sure if she had packed enough food and ailment to last another night. Usually, it'd be Bells or Sun who welcomed Lucky back so they could treat her wounds properly, but this time, Meteor wanted to go out to meet her, saying that he could help her if something happened without burdening her. So he headed off.

Meteor met Lucky just outside the wisteria woods. Her bandages were stained, which was concerning, and she seemed weary. She flashed a smile at him as they met and headed home together, when a demon found them. Apparently, Lucky had missed a demon on her hunt and now he was after her. They got into fighting stance. There were fields and plains around the village, it'd be quite a distance until the next civilization, so nobody noticed.

The demon was a strong one. Lucky was tired and injured while Meteor wasn't powerful enough, so it was hard.

Meteor got knocked down. His blade deflected away, somewhere out of reach. He closed his eyes, anticipating an impact. It never happened. Lucky came in, holding her knife by the blade grip and held against the demon's attack before slicing it apart, her other hand held the grip on the other end of the chains, controlling it to retrieve Meteor's sword.

"It's strong," Lucky said between breaths, "I can't fight it now. We can't. Come back to the village and get niichan. Quick. I'll try to stall time."

On his way back, however, he was ambushed. A demon whose Blood Demon Art allowed her to travel underground popped up.

"How can you get in here!? This is the middle of a wisteria forest!!"

"Fufufu... I forgot how naïve youngsters are... The roots aren't deep enough to seal my earth passages, my dear. And now that I'm stuck here, I'll enjoy myself the little meal you serve before claiming your village ours~" she licked her lips greedily.

Meteor fought with his might. He definitely did not want to be eaten. All the same, he felt like he was only delaying fate. He was always with Lucky before. He only knew five breathing forms. He never realized he depended on his sister more than he thought. He was nothing compared to her, and she had always been protecting him. Meteor couldn't risk running away, for he would be either caught cowering or lead the demoness straight to the villagers unknowing where she would surface from her underground passages. He had to fight.