Lucky's kimono

It's actually more like a yukata.

Lucky is an energetic girl, adding to her unnatural strength as a female and constant rate of "playful" antics, she often tears the lower part of her dress as it restrains her movements. She knew it was disrespectful to both the clothing and her sister's effort in mending it every year, but she found it extremely uncomfortable sitting still or walking "timid" steps just because of what she wore, so she kept ending up in the same scenario.

Bells, after years of trying to fix her sister's kimono, was bored out of her mind and commented randomly to her mom: "At this rate, only a male kimono can suit her." Scarlet, however, had a different idea. She took the kimono and cut it short so it only reached Lucky's hips, then made extra pants from the same fabric.

Lucky's blue kimono ended up in two pieces, literally. The upper, shirt-like clothing was a kimono cut short to her hips, and the lower pants-like part was sown artistically to resemble a whole kimono while letting Lucky at least run. They had small stars embroidered on the rim and come with a large red sash and, occasionally, a short red scarf. Lucky found it "the traditional clothing of her dream" and did try not to ruin it.

Yeah, this is my original design. I haven't actually drawn it, but this is how I think it would be. Lucky wearing a kimono would show that she IS indeed a female, but while developing the story, I came across the idea that she actually EMBRACE the fact that she was mistaken for a male and often went with it just to see how long people would take to realize her real gender - in fact, she wouldn't care less whether she was male or female as long as she didn't share a shower, for example, with a male. That's why I thought, what about personalizing her kimono?

Feel free to comment your thoughts on this!