Crossover: Pokemon #3

The next morning, Lucky left Mew with Yuu. Mew was a rather mischievous one, always shapeshifting, playing its own game of hide and seek.

Last night, when the Champion visited him through the window, he was offered to choose one of the four mechanisms. He remembered a lost friend, and chose the mega stone. Professor Crane helped him put the stone in an accessory of choice. The Grass-type Elite Four, Sakae was there to lend a hand putting it in a locket. Simple choice, but he liked it.

Sakae and his Lurantis led Yuu to the elimination point, where trainers had to battle two very specific Pokemon in order to be qualified for the League. Meaning: BEFORE Gym challenges. He  had decided to stick around and take part in the League - if possible - to kill time before his Pokemon were all rescued. The Champion had promised that herself, and afterwards, a ride home. He believed in her words. After all, she had been the talk of the town for years after her crowning. A strong trainer, a strong heart. She wouldn't disappoint.

The Lurantis pointed at three dog-like Pokemon sitting like stone statues under a stone gate. The mantis Pokemon poked the orange one, and it snarled back. The pale and red ones sprung to life.

"Lycanroc, midday form and midnight form. Their leader is the dusk form," Sakae explained, "You just need to defeat one of them."

He gave Yuu a PokeDex, it looked rather old and used.

"Words from our Champion: this Dex is hers, with all the information she'd collected over years from different regions she travelled to. You know, most trainers came her with experience so they wouldn't need one, but you look like you've never do competitive before."

Yuu nodded.

"Lucky offered her aid. As for Mew, there are rules to you too, from her."

The mythical Pokemon made a sound. Consider that a yes.

"One, you can only transform into one Pokemon - or one of its forms, to Yuu's wish. Two, you can only use 4 moves from that Pokemon's moveset. And three, first-stage evolution only."

The two Lycanroc had started to circle them.

"Good luck."