Picnic

As the clock struck twelve, Amber had managed to arrange the picnic perfectly. Three picnic blankets, that ranged of different patterns, laid next to each other. A picnic basket was in the middle, a few plates and plastic red cups sitting next to it. She put two board games, Monopoly and Jenga, on the side of the set up.

Amber carefully adjusted her sunglasses to the top of her head. Now all she had to do was wait for everyone. Eula was in the park's rest room, Xiao was on his way--hopefully with Venti, Albedo was coming with his little sister so it was going to take him longer, and Kaeya was sick.

The gang was going to all be here. So it needed to be perfect. Because not only was this the first picnic this friend group (plus Klee and Venti) ever had, it was also a giant scheme. A scheme to get Xiao and Venti together. And it needed to work.

A car pulled up to the parking lot. It turned off and Xiao walked out. He was wearing a black sleeveless turtleneck with baggy dark blue pants and flat black combat boots. He ambled towards Amber, stopping in front of her with a straight face.

The brunette smiled, "Xiao! You made it!" Amber cheered. She looked behind Xiao, trying to see if Venti was behind him. Xiao was alone. "Did... Venti not come with you?"

Xiao replied in a calm tone. "He's on his way. He decided to run here himself, for whatever reason that is."

Amber stared at him, thinking he was joking. He was not. She nodded, "Alrighty. Well Eula is in the bathroom and Albedo is on his way."

Xiao nodded as he moved over to the picnic blanket. He laid down, looking up into the clouds. The sun slightly blinded him so he closed his eyes, letting the sound of birds chirping relax him. Amber let out a sigh of annoyance. She didn't know why her friend was like this. Relaxing over hanging out.

She looked ahead and noticed Albedo walking over to the picnic, his little sister Klee on his back. She had her little backpack over her shoulders,a wide smile on her face. Albedo was wearing a white hoodie and dark blue shorts, boots up to his knees. His sister wore a red, long sleeved dress, a white baseball hat and white boots.

Amber walked over to them, trying to avoid waking up Xiao in case he had fallen asleep.

"Hello Klee!" Amber smiled as Klee hopped off her brother's back, running up to Amber and hugging her close.

"Amber! Hello!" Klee giggled. She pulled out of the hug. Klee moved her backpack to the front of her, pulling out a stuffed white bear. "This is Bobo, he's the best!"

Amber kneeled down to the floor, her hands to her mouth. "Hi, Bobo! I'm Amber, class of 2024!"

Klee grinned, "He likes you."

Amber put a hand on her chest, "I like Bobo too!"

Amber was so focused with talking to Albedo and his younger sister that she didn't even noticed Venti walking past her and towards Xiao.

Venti quietly made his way over to his friend, kneeling next to his head and looking down at him, cutting off the sunlight.

"Hi, Xiao!" Venti called cheerfully.

Xiao slowly opened his eyes to see Venti smiling down at him, though he did not reciprocate.

Venti was wearing a green beret, a white collared shirt under a green sweater that said "take me where the wind blows" and light blue cargo shorts, with a pair of black converse to finish the outfit. His braids were hair-pinned to the back of his head, showing off more of his face. Now Xiao could see how perfect his smile was.

Xiao pushed away the thought. That was weird, especially to think of that about a friend.

Friend.