Date

CW// Toxic Relationships, Public Humiliation

"Watch your step!" Venti told his boyfriend. He attempted to guide his boyfriend around the trash that had been littered on the floor. Xiao didn't say a word in response.

It was quiet, if you didn't include the loud screams of children and the overbearingly loud carnival sounds. In Xiao's mind, he thought Venti was bringing him to a horror movie premier. Why else would he blindfold Xiao?

"Aaaaaaanddddd..." Venti cleared his throat, extending the letters in the word and. He took the cloth off of Xiao's eyes, throwing his arms into the air. "We're here!" Venti cheered.

Xiao glanced around the area, noticing it wasn't at all what he expected. No one was attempting murder, and no one was dressed up in a Ghostface costume. It was a normal carnival, lively and free. Venti had brought him inside the place, in what was assumed to be a date. But why? Did Venti forget Xiao hated people?

Xiao looked at Venti, opening his mouth to say something rude, but he stopped. Venti's eyes sparkled and glimmered. He was so excited to bring Xiao there. Xiao didn't want to burst Venti's bubble. He couldn't, not after seeing how happy he was.

"A carnival," he said.

"Yes!" Venti put his hands behind his back, relaxing his smile. "I wanted to take you on a date to somewhere you've never been."

Xiao went red. A date? Seriously? This was a date? Why would someone want to go on a date to somewhere so full of annoying human beings?

Venti fiddled with his hands behind his back, not letting Xiao see, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah," Xiao said with a soft sigh. He smiled.

"Wow..." Venti glanced out of the ferris wheel's windows. He could see a small version of the carnival, the people were ants from this height. "It's so..."

"Small," Xiao finished off the sentence.

Venti looked up at Xiao, seeing him looking down at the ground. He looked mesmerized, it made Venti smile.

"Yeah."

Xiao looked up from the ground, seeing Venti in front of him. He smiled softly as they locked eyes. He couldn't believe this was his boyfriend. Xiao wanted Venti to be his forever, and he was very happy with this fact. Did he...? This was the feeling. He knew it now. Xiao opened his mouth. "I love-"

"You're the first boyfriend I've ever had since I was in middle school," Venti effused. He looked down into his lap. "I didn't think you'd like me back." He took a breath, "I guess a small part of me still doesn't believe this is real."

Xiao clasped his hands together, looking at Venti with his lips in a line. He didn't think he should talk, so he sat in silence.

"I think a small part of me thought you would be like him," Venti chuckled slightly, shoving his nails deep into his palms.

"'Him'?" Xiao asked.

Venti looked up, widening his eyes in realization. He had been talking out loud. Fuck. He was talking out loud this whole time.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I started talking and I didn't stop and that's not okay especially when it's about these things and I guess I thought that-"

Xiao walked over and sat next to his boyfriend. He placed his hand on top of Venti's, feeling the warmth in his skin. Venti glanced up, looking at Xiao, his heart coming to a calming pace. Xiao wasn't Tanner, and Tanner isn't Xiao.