Siblings

(TW//Anxiety)

Venti managed to drag Xiao into the pride club the next Thursday. Everyone was standing there, speaking in their own cliques, smiling at the sight of a new kid. This wasn't how Venti remembered it, how they all had surrounded him when he joined. He wondered why it was so different.

"Aiya, Venti!" Hu popped out of the closet, holding a few posters to her chest. Her smile was wide, showing a few teeth, notably missing her canine. Hm, Venti never noticed that. "Welcome back! Oh! Hi, Xiao! Nice to see you again!"

Xiao nodded towards the brunette as she ran to a table, placing down the few posters. They slowly unraveled, showing nothing but white space.
A pink-haired girl runs in, coming to a stand next to Hu, holding a box of art supplies. She turns around, looking at the two boys in the doorway. She waves.

"Hello, Xiao, Venti," she greeted. "Xiao, you finally decided to join your sister's club?"
Venti shot his head to look at his boyfriend. "SISTER?"

Xiao shrugged, crossing his arms. He sighed, "Venti asked me to."

"You wouldn't join when I asked!" Hu complained. "I even said you could be the vice president! But you said no. Niya, can't be helped."

Venti continued to look back and forth between Hu Tao and Xiao. They did not look alike in any way. She had brunette hair, and slightly tanned skin. She had slightly thin lips, always the shade of deep red. Her eyes were as dark as the night sky.

Xiao was pale, he had green eyes and dark blue, dyed hair. Perhaps he could have naturally brown hair? His lips were largely sized but along a small mouth. He didn't look anything like his sister. How could they be related?

"Sister?" Venti repeated. "What? But she wasn't home when I was there."

"I was probably hanging out with Yanfei," Hu clung her arm to Yanfei's side. "I do that a lot."
Venti looked at the girls, clasping his hands together. He took a breath. "Family game night? Xiao sent a photo—"

Xiao shrugged, "She was in the bathroom."

Hu waddled on her feet, taking Yanfei along for the rocking. She showed her teeth. "Yanfeeeei told me to take care of my face so I was doing face wash!"

Venti continued to stare between the two. "But... you don't look anything alike!"

Yanfei leaned to the side, causing Hu to stop her rocking. She pushed Hu's arm down and held it in her hand, interlocking their fingers. "They're both adopted."

Venti pursed his lips. He leaned back against the doorway, looking down at the floor. "Yeah... I forgot about adoption."

Hu let out a laugh. She pulled a few strands of her left ponytail and put it above her upper lip, pursing them so they'd hold the hair. She attempted to smile.

Venti's eyes trailed behind her, back to the table. The papers and pens sat there collecting dust, no instructions given at the moment for the use.
Tighnari walked up to the table, picking up a green market and spinning it between his fingers at a quick speed. He leaned his free hand against the table. His green and black bangs fell down his face as he analyzed the papers.

"What are we using the poster paper for?" he questioned, flicking the marker into his hand. He held the market tight, flicking it to his finger tips, pointing the cap at a calendar. "Does it have something to do with the festival?"