Rats on a train

Allison's outfit •••"Okay, guys

Allison's outfit
•••
"Okay, guys. The next phase of your training is handling extreme climates. So we'll frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam. That's not part of the training, I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out. Okay, Chase, I'm setting your tube on "Antarctic." If it gets to be too much, just give me a sign." Davenport says.

Allison raises her eyebrow," Are we sure this is safe?" She whispers to Leo. Leo just shrugs, "probably not."

They watch as Chase gets in his capsule and Leo turns to Davenport.

"Hey, that's not fair. I want to be abused by weather." He whines.

"Leo, if you really want to be abused, try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath." Bree says a disgust look on her face.

" I don't have morning breath. It smells like that all day." Adam tells her. Allison looks at the boy and slowly turns her head away from him.

"Leo, these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kind of climates. You're not." Davenport says.

"I can handle extreme cold." Leo replies.

"Leo, you get brain freeze from chewing mint gum."  Allison deadpans. Leo turns to the girl and gives her a glare.

Davenports phone rings before anyone can say anything else. He excuses himself and answers it.

"Davenport. What?! Well, that's terrible! I mean, that's awesome, but that's terrible! I- I gotta do something." He says.

"What's going on? What's so terrible?" Adam asks him.

"I created the world's fastest train, but now it's speeding out of control full of highly explosive nuclonium towards downtown Welkerville!" Davenport says smiling.

"Well, then what was awesome?" Bree asks him, leaning against Allison.

"It's going like 400 miles an hour." He tells her.

"My entire career is riding or perhaps crashing on this train! I don't understand it! My design was flawless!" Davenport groans.

"So flawless you forgot to include an emergency brake?" Leo asks causing Allison to let out a snort.

Davenport rolls his eyes, "No. I never counted on the conductor dropping his papaya smoothie all over the controls and then jumping off the train."

"Well, if I were to build a high-speed train, the first thing I would have put in was a cup holder. Oh! And one of those bumper stickers on the back that says, "I brake for cows." Adam says. The others give him a weird look.

"When stuff like this happens, they always blame the scientist. This is human error. Scientists don't make mistakes." Davenport says.

"Sure. And I'm totally not in love with Elizabeth Olsen and Florence Pugh." Allison mumbles.