IV

I groan as I unconsciously put my hand to my head due to the pounding in my skull. I slowly sit up, rubbing my puffy, bloodshot eyes. A thin layer of dried tears plastered my cheeks, and rimming my eyes. Makes sense since I cried myself to sleep that night.

I slowly get out of bed, lazily making my way to the door of my room.
I have never done this process before, nor have I heard of it. Lots of people who have experienced the games don't like to talk about it, so I have no idea where we are going next. Well, yeah we are going to Panem, but what next? I never bothered watching the broadcasted Hunger Games events. This is the only scenario in which I regret it.

I walk out into the lounge to see Eret sitting cross legged on the couch, she was wearing a beautiful pink strawberry dress that went down to their ankles. The under layer was a light pink silky fabric with pink mesh being the layer over top. The mesh having little strawberries embroidered into it, and her same pair of sunglasses from yesterday to top it off.
"Good morning, Zak."
He greets me, turning off the TV.
"Morning."
I greet her back, taking the seat beside them on the couch.

"How was your sleep?"
Eret asks softly, turning his attention to me. As he turns his body to look at me he realizes my blood shot eyes.
"Oh no! Are you ok, dear?"
She asks in a concerned tone, grabbing my face softly to get a better look at my condition.
"Uh, yeah. I just couldn't really sleep, that's all."
I reassure them. At least my words were partly true. He furrows his eyebrows in concern.
"Would you like some coffee or caffeinated tea to get you up and going?"
She asks, going to up. Not even waiting for my answer.
"Oh, uh. Sure."
I agree. I was still really tired from only waking up moments prior, so my eyes began to droop closed.

My shoulders shake softly.
"You really are tired. Here, drink up."
I drowsily take the cup from Eret's hands. Only seeing through the blur of my eyelashes as I kept my eyes half lidded from exhaustion, I slowly blow on the steaming liquid.

"Minx should be up soon, we'll be arriving in Panem in under twenty minutes."
She tells me looking over in my direction, placing his glasses on top of their head. She has an intimidating resting face, but always talked in a smooth, kind tone.
"I can go get her?"
I suggest. Having nothing else to do. "That would be great thanks,"
They thank me with a smile before I lazily walk out of the room and down the hall to Minx's room.

I knock lightly on the door.
"Come in."
I hear her through the door. Her Irish accent being extra strong this morning.
I open the door to see her sitting on her bed watching TV.
"Hey."
I greet her walking up to her bed.

"Hi."
She greets back not taking her eyes off the TV in front of her.
I clear my throat before speaking again.
"Eret said we will be arriving in Panem in twenty minutes."
I inform her.
"Alright."
She shrugs. I furrow my eyebrows in shock. My anxiety absolutely killing me just at the thought of getting to our destination.

"How do you do it?"
I finally ask her. That peeked her interest, looking over at me with a confused look.
"Do what?"
She asks, fully turning her attention to me.
"Act so calm. This is absolutely terrifying!"
I explain in shock.
"Oh, that. Well I basically just accepted my death once I turned twelve, so it's not that bad anymore."
She explains, looking back at the TV, leaning back against the head board of her bed. I feel a tinge of guilt serge through me. I guess I should have done that, but that still wouldn't really do anything for me. It's still so surreal, even though I should have accepted these stupid policies by now.

"Wha- that terrible!"
I exclaim, making her raise an eyebrow at my sudden outburst.
"We shouldn't just be awaiting death as a kid! You have to live your life! Do you know how traumatizing all of this is?!"
She just silently stared at me, no emotion in her facial expression.
"Of course I know how traumatizing this is. I'm going through this just like you are."
She replies calmly, staring me dead in the eyes. My face turns red in embarrassment as I realize the sudden change in my tone of voice.
"Besides..."
She starts, glancing back over at the TV.
"There's nothing we can do about it anyway."