XI

Bad's POV

As the last tribute stepped on stage I started to get bored. Already knowing I'm going to win. I sit down in a nearby chair except not even a second later Niki seemed excited about something.
"He looks amazing!" She exclaims with a smile, pointing to the large TV screen.

I look over to see a small person with a blue blazer on. He was absolutely covered in diamonds, flashing under every stage light as he walked to his seat. He wore a blue face mask that was also covered in diamonds. I don't know why I am so interested in this boy, but I kept watching.

"Zak Green!" Ponk exclaims.
"Hello, Ponk!" The boy greets with a smile, carefully taking a seat across from Ponk. Right as the mask got lifted fully off his face the camera switches to in front of him, getting a good view of what he looks like.

My jaw drops slightly, eyes widening.
He had short raven black hair that would occasionally fall into his face, forcing him to run his fingers through it. I know I have already seen him many times, but I'm just now seeing how gorgeous he really is.

"So, Zak do you have a 'special someone' back at home?" Ponk asks with a small wink.
For some reason I hoped he says 'no' to that question. I couldn't tell why though. He lets out a small chuckle before answering. "Uh, no except for my sister." He says with a smile. Holy muffin, why is his smile so cute?

No! I have to stay focused! I can't let some boy distract me from winning this!

"Understandable..." Ponk says letting his voice trail off.
"How confident would you say you are about this years games?" Ponk asks after a millisecond of silence.
"Pretty confident actually. There is definitely some tough competition, but don't let my small proportions fool you." He jokes, winking at the audience.
Smooth.

Ponk lets out a laugh.
"I like you! You're funny, Mr. Green! Isn't that right everyone?" He says to the audience, looking at everyone with an amused smile, earning an applause from the audience.

He raps up the talking portion, letting Zak off stage. As he walked back stage he walked past me to his mentors.
"You did so well!" Sam exclaims excitedly, giving him a double high-five. I watch their little interaction from afar, freaking out the longer I stare at the raven haired boy.

Why now? Why someone that I have to go up against in a fight to the death?