VI

I nervously walk into a huge room filled with weapon practicing stations, simulates, basic wilderness survival practice stations, all that stuff. All the stuff we need to practice to survive and then hope for the best.

I walk with all of the other tributes, everyone immediately walking off to their own specialties.
Dream and Drista from district five went straight to the axe throwing station. That made me a bit nervous. Dream looked to be my age, with a tall, muscular build, and Drista looked to be only twelve.

Niki went to the wilderness survival stations where you learn how to start fires, which plants you can and can't eat, etc.

The one I actually kept my eye on though is Bad. He went straight to the knife throwing station. I watched in horror as he made the human shaped target first try, dead centre.
I quickly turn around, looking around for what I want to try. The bow and arrow simulation looked interesting.

No one was there so I just stepped in. There was a big TV screen on the outside that broadcasted what I was doing on the inside, so anyone can stand outside and watch.
I pushed that feeling deep inside of me and picked up the weapon.

I used a bow a couple of times when Juniper was teaching me.
I was alright at it, but I kept missing the targets she set up for me.
Right as I turn it on everything goes dark, then out of the corner of my eye I see a hologram of a human. "Keep the line tight and sun slightly up"
I shoot. And miss.

I try again, and again, not giving up. The situation ends with me just barely skimming a hologram. I huff in frustration, starting the simulation over again. These stupid holograms are really getting on my nerves.

I shoot.
Lucky shot. I thought as I make it for the first time, right in the center of the holograms head. I keep going. It started to get fun. Which was weird because the simulation is training me to do it on actual people. By the time I knew it I wasn't missing a single shot.

The simulation ends for the second time with my getting a streak of... twenty five! That's way to lucky for me. I walk out of the simulation, realizing I'm sweating. I catch my breath before opening the large, heavy door. I squint at the bright lights of the training room. Once my vision got back to normal I realize all the tributes were watching me the entire time. All standing there at the large TV screen.

My eyes widen as I see Bad looking my way in astonishment.
"Um. Someone else can take a turn now." I mutter, quickly walking past everyone.

I decide to go to the survival station next, where Niki was practicing before everyone started watching me.
A minute or so of me trying to start a fire I feel a presence from behind me.
"You have to angle it to the left a bit." The person instructs. I turn around to see Cara, from district four.

"Thanks. Cara, right?" I ask with a smile. "Call me Puffy, full names are to formal." She says walking up to the station next to me.
"So, you feeling confident about this years games?" She asks.
"Kinda I guess." I mutter anxiously.
"Don't worry, you'll do great!" She says with a smile.

"How is everyone here so positive?"
I ask in astonishment, stopping what I was doing to give her my full attention while answering. "I guess you just gotta make the most of it while you're alive." She shrugs, as she starts the small fire and walks away. I furrow my eyebrows as my eyes follow her as she walked over to Niki as the knife throwing station.

I angle it a little to the left while spinning it, and the fire immediately starts. I smile victoriously, standing back to gaze at my somewhat fine work.

"You guys have a big day ahead of you."
Sam informs us, taking a bite of chicken off of his plate.
"You will be evaluated individually tomorrow, so do the best you can." Eret says, setting her utensils carefully down onto her now empty plate.
"Zak, I recommend showing off your skills with a bow." Sam says, turning to Minx. "And Minx, I say you should show off your strength. Throw some axes." Sam suggests. We both nod, standing up out of our seats to make our way to our respected rooms.