XII

This is it, tomorrow is the big day. I'm extremely confident that I will win this. I have been training my whole life. Killing is the only thing I know, and the only thing I'm good at.
Tonight is our last chance to impress them, to get the people of Panem to sponsor us. At the moment we are all getting ready to go to the mayors house for one final party, so at least I get to go home one last time before the games.
I have lived with my uncle Jshlatt my entire life. Apparently my father and mother died in some tragic accident. He won't go into full detail about it.

"Ok, here it is!" Ranboo exclaims pulling the suit out of its protective plastic covering. "Oh, that's not that bad actually." I shrug. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asks with a small chuckle. "Well, the fashion here is a bit... much." I explain casually leaning back in my chair, crossing one leg over the other to get more comfortable. "Fair." He nods. "Ok, put it on!" He ushers me into one of the changing stalls, handing me the suit.

It was a maroon red blazer with a white button up shirt underneath, and to top it off a black tie. For the bottoms they were just matching maroon red dress pants with black dress shoes. Kind of like what I wore during the interview. I thought I looked pretty good as I analyzed myself in the mirror.

I step out of the stall to see Ranboo right there, ready to take a look. "You look so good!" He claps his hands in excitement with a big smile. Ranboo is honestly the best stylist. His style is simple yet fashionable, so in this case all my outfits aren't extremely extra, but still amazing.

After Ranboo was done showering me with endless compliments over his amazing creation we heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" He calls out. The door opens to reveal Punz. "Hey, almost ready?" He asks peeking his head in. "Holy shit man! You look amazing!" He exclaims right when he sees me. "Language, and thank you!" I say with a smile.

I have never really liked curse words. They're just comfy to say and hear, which is pretty difficult considering my uncle is Jschlatt. My parents death led me to only have my uncle left, so I have no choice but to stay with him. He would always yell swears at the servants, so I associated cursing with aggression.

Punz didn't look bad either, wearing a white suit with a white button up and a black tie. For the bottom he just wore plain black dress pants. Long gold chains hung from his neck as the accessory of the outfit.

"Ok well, Niki is ready as well so I think we should get going." Punz tells me, opening the door wider for me to walk out. I exit the room, but not before waving a quick goodbye to Ranboo. We walk out into the main area of our floor, which is the second one up from the main floor.

"Bad! You look awesome!" Niki exclaims right as I come into view, her uplifting smile brightening my mood even more. She looked really good herself, wearing a long pink dress with her hair done with a half up and half down look. She wore nude pink high heels and a flower crown with hints of white, yellow, and red. "You don't look too bad yourself." I compliment back with a smile.

"Ok, I know you guys like to throw compliments at each other every second of the day, but we should really get going." Boomer announces as they walk into the room. Boomer is our mentor from Panem, while Punz is our most recent victor, which was only last year.
He was wearing a forest green suit with a lime green button up underneath and a black tie. For the bottom he wore watching forest green dress pants.

Everyone was looking their best, of course for this kind of special occasion.

"Looking good Punzy." Boomer playfully compliments with a wink. "Yeah, let's go." Punz rolls his eyes with a small smirk, walking towards the door, ignoring Boomer's playful compliment. Us three following behind him, me and Niki giggling a bit at the funny interaction.

I have known Niki for a couple of months now. She's a really sweet girl and we get along really well, so it pains me that we both got chosen. Only one of us can come out alive, so we may as well make the most of it while we can.