A Rainy Day

It was a cold, wet day. Maru had miserably pulled on her raincoat as she left for work and the icy air seemingly attacked Sebastian's home and everyone moaned missing the warmth. This weather made Sebastian feel at home. The cool autumnal air, the heavy rain, it all felt right to him, like the summer sun did to the majority of the valley.

Sebastian decided to go to the beach to embrace the cold and watch the waves, it was strange and he knew Robin didn't like him going out when it was cold with no coat but it was something he looked forward to when the weather was gloomy enough. He was relived the heat of the summer had passed and now the weather was cold and damp, how he liked it.

He made his way to the pier and took a deep breath of the salty, fresh air. The waves aggressively hit off the pier perhaps they were missing the warmth of the summer.

As the rain got heavier Sebastian opened his umbrella and continued to gaze off into the horizon. He felt so meaningless compared to the world around him- the waves, the mighty wind- and it comforted him, especially with the pressure of the band looming over him. His problems shrank and his joys felt more real. His newfound happiness in his life was only exhilarated with the comfort of the weather. Time passed as Sebastian spent the afternoon soaking in the stormy weather.

He made his way home as it got darker and was greeted by his stepdad.
"Sebastian." Demetrius shouted
He rolled his eyes and went to the kitchen, "What did I do now?"
"Your farmer friend showed up, left this for you." he handed over a bowl of pumpkin soup. It smelt fresh and the warmth made his hands tingle. The bowl was a deep purple and the soup was a rich orange. The colours perfect for the season and it all left him smiling
"I didn't expect that." He mumbled, "Thanks."
"Remember a coat when it's so rainy out." He said. Sebastian knew how he must look, he was soaked, having only used his umbrella for a short time.
"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry."
Demetrius looked taken aback, "It's alright, now go dry yourself and eat."

Sebastian dried his hair which had been stuck to his face. He smiled to himself as his normally sleek, styled hair got fluffy and lost its typical style. He pulled it back and dried his face, satisfied with his day at the beach despite the effort to tidy himself up following it.

Once he got warm he proceeded to work and enjoy his soup. It reminded him of Robins cooking, how she made pumpkin soup every year. It was one of his favourite meals, mostly due to nostalgia but the taste was also one of his favourites. He savoured the meal as he finished work and went to bed.