The 3rd of December

*Just a note, I don't own the song Heather by Conan Gray, I am simply using some of the lyrics for my story*

Lyrics inspiring this chapter, "I still remember the third of December, me in your sweater you said it looked better on me than it did you only if you knew how much I liked you"

Harry's POV

Today is the 3rd of December, and it was freezing out, as I rolled out of bed I realized what today actually was, other than a Monday. It was finally the day that it took me a whole year to work up to, the day I finally ask out my best friend. I had been dropping hints for a while but I don't think Lou picked up on them.

As I walked to school my thoughts were racing and I didn't even see the car zooming up the road by me until I was soaked. I stood there shocked and freezing as the car drives away yelling insults at me, while I just walk it off on the way to school. I was used to the insults at school because of how I dressed, it wasn't 'manly' enough, that skirts were for girls, but I disagreed and people didn't like that.

As I got to school Louis immediately came up to me and looked over my wet outfit before shrugging off his sweater and giving it to me. I quickly go into the bathroom and pull off my wet jacket and put his sweater on instead, lifting the top of it to inhale the sweet scent of Louis' cologne and cigarettes which is oddly comforting.

I stand there for a minute in a daze, wondering how in the world I would ever be able to tell Louis that I like him, he already knows I'm gay, I mean, so does the whole school, but he never picks up my hints. I just don't want to lose him as a friend. Only if he did know how much I liked him.

I then come running out of the bathroom, shoving my wet jacket in my locker. When I come back out he asks me what happened and I tell him and he wraps me in a tight hug, "I'm sorry that happened Hazza, you don't deserve that." Louis says before releasing me from his hug. "Yeah well thank you for the sweater!" "No problem, it looks better on you then it does me anyway," Louis replies while spinning his finger around motioning for me to spin, which I do while laughing and he laughs right back. I almost forgot we were in school until the bell rings and we both run off into different places, my plan forgotten until later....

*an, just a warning this is my first time writing a story and I know it might not be the best, I might have shorter chapters then some authors sorry but enjoy and if you have any requests or recommendations just leave a comment!!
Ps if you didn't see in the description Harry is shorter then Louis in this fic, no hate❤️💙💚💙💚*