A Memory and a kiss

Chapter 3
A memory and a kiss
Lyrics inspiring this chapter: "Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty
You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester
But you like her better wish I were Heather"

Harry's POV
*flashback 1 year earlier*
It was the night of one of Niall's big parties and I was not up for going until Liam showed up and shoved an outfit that he had found for me into my hands insisting it was "made for me."

I sighed and changed into the outfit, and when I looked in the mirror I turned beet red. "Liam, I can't wear this!" I yell out and he comes running into my room to see me covering myself with my arms as he whistles.
"Jesus Harry I knew that would suit you but damn it looks even better than I hoped, so you gonna finally cheer up?" "I don't know Liam, this isn't really what I usually wear and you know that."

He just chuckles at my response before picking me up and running to his car while I giggle the entire time

He just chuckles at my response before picking me up and running to his car while I giggle the entire time. As Liam drives to the party he notices my leg bouncing nervously and grabs my hand. "Hey Harry if this party is actually making you this upset we don't have to go, we could just go grab ice cream like we always did before?" "No, I mean Niall really wants us there so, I guess we can just get this over with, I'm the designated driver because I'm only 17 right?"

Liam just nods. As he parks in front of Niall's house I just sigh and hop out as we approach the house I am hit with the smell of spit booze and sweat. The party is already in full swing so Liam and I push our way to the kitchen where I grab a soda and Liam grabs a beer. We then push our way to the living room where I find a very drunk Louis playing beer pong with Zayn, Nick, and Niall. I sit on the couch, just watching everyone from a distance(mostly Lou) until I feel the couch dip beside me.

"He-heyyyy," a drunk voice says from beside me and I feel butterflies start in my stomach as I recognize the voice of my best friend. I turn to face him and smile back at him. "Why are you all by yourself Hazza?" Lou says and pouts when I giggle. "I just don't really like parties too much."

I say and scratch the back of my neck in embarrassment as I catch Louis staring at me for a very long time before I hear him whisper out, "You're so pretty Hazza, so so pretty." He mumbles while running his hands through my hair that is starting to grow out a little bit. I was so confused at Louis' drunk behavior, he was basically pulling me onto his lap while complimenting me.

"L-Lou w-what are you doing?" I manage to stutter out as he pulls on my curls, and it's taking everything in me not to moan. He doesn't answer but instead leans in slowly until our foreheads are touching and I feel my pulse quicken. He slowly and softly leans in and captures my lips in a soft kiss. I breathe out slowly tasting the alcohol on his tongue. Wait, alcohol!

I push off of Louis when I finally come to my senses and he looks confused, before I look up at him with tears streaming down my face. "I can't do this Lou, you're drunk and don't mean it, God I, you just can't play with my heart like this. If you remember this in the morning, call me. If you don't then I'll know I was right."

I walk off sobbing and looking for Liam. I find him a little tipsy dancing with some guy. I grab his arm and one look at my face he tells the other guy he has to go. He puts his arm around me and leads me out of the house to his car. When we get in I immediately start sobbing into Liam's arms as he holds me tight. "Wh-why does he not *hic* Love me Liam?" I ask after explaining what happened to him. "Oh no Harry it's not that it's just, I don't think Louis has realized that he loves you yet, give him time."
End of flashback

I sigh thinking about what Liam said to me about how I should give him time. 1 year seems like enough time to me but I guess that December 5th party was a sign that drunk Louis kissed me, not the real Louis because he never bothered to call the next day.

The bell rings and I stuff my hands into my pockets and leave walking home before any more disturbing thoughts can overtake my mind when I stumble upon my nightmare. Louis making out with Eleanor and her in his sweater, it wasn't the one he gave me last week it's a cheap polyester But it doesn't matter. He likes her, like actually likes her.

I quickly turn and run before Louis can see me and walk back to my house before collapsing on my bed in tears. Thinking how the night Louis kissed me he called me beautiful, well compared to Eleanor I'm not even half as pretty, why would he ever kiss me, that thought has haunted me since that night. I drift off to sleep with one thought on my mind, that I wish I were Eleanor.

An: hey guys sorry this chapter took so long, ps if you didn't already figure it out Elevator is Heather. Love you all💚💙💚💙💚💙💚💙💚💙💚💙💚💙💚💙💚