🐍🐇🖤The Snake's Prey🖤🐇🐍

'He makes me happy, he makes me feel safe, he treats me like royalty... But he killed someone...
For me.'

I looked up at Tom and he gently smiled at me, wrapping his arm around my waist. I lean my head into his shoulder and close my eyes.

'I want to trust him.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~⏳TimeSkip⏳~~~~~~~~~

That night I couldn't sleep, my roommates weren't loud, in fact they didn't make a peep but the silence was deafening.
I'm scared to confront Tom but what am I supposed to do, I can't sleep without knowing, did he really kill them or am I just being paranoid.

I crawled my way out of bed, having not slept a wink, my mind cloudy as I dragged my body through the motions of getting dressed.
When I get to the Great Hall, the first thing I notice is how it's much quieter than normal.

I make my way towards my normal seat only to freeze slightly when I make eye contact with Tom. He smiles at me, something he seems to be doing more often.
I sit down next to him as he continues to look at me with the same smile on his face, making me squirm slightly uncomfortable. That only seems to make him smile more...

I look towards my plate, trying to ignore his burning gaze when I suddenly feel a warm breath against my ear.

"Meet me in the classroom during lunch, Little Bunny."

His raspy voice whispered, goosebumps crawling down my neck.

'Oh Merlin, he's going to kill me isn't he?'

I give a shakey nod, my shoulders tense as he leans away and goes back to his breakfast like nothing happened.

'What does he want from me?'

'Is he going to kill me?'

'I'm not ready to die'

'No stop it, you don't know if he's a killer, you can't be thinking like this'

'But what if he is'

~~~~~~~~~~~~⏳TimeSkip⏳~~~~~~~~~

My paranoia got the better of me, I couldn't stop myself from thinking he's a killer and I'm his next target. So as I round the corner of the hallway, my pace slows, as I make my way to the classroom that was once where I felt the safest.

I'm so close to the room, I can feel my heart in my throat and my eyes drift to the window, the window that my once loud roommate was silenced by.

Before I even made it to the classroom a voice rings in my ears, the voice that once comforted me, now it sends shivers down my spine.

"Don't keep me waiting Bunny, I have something for you in the room."

His voice is as smooth and sweet as honey, and it makes me feel like I'm drowning.

My legs turn to lead, I'm stuck to the ground as my mind races back and forth. Every instinct in my body is telling me he's a killer, that he murdered someone...

So why do I want to trust him so badly, I want to trust him, I've trusted him this whole time so why now, why does my body not move?

I've trusted him about everything, he comforted me when I was sad, he cared for me when I had no one else to turn to. If he had said this not even a week prior I would have been jumping in anticipation, so why can't I mutter up the excitement?

I trudge my way to the room, Tom holding the door open as he smiles down at me.

When I got there he turned and slid his hands over my eyes, startling me but he just chuckled and told me to relax and not ruin the surprise. My whole body was tense as he lead me in the room, my heart pounding and my hands sweaty, when he finally removed his hands from my eyes they widened at what I saw.
I gasped and my hand flew to my mouth.

I didn't expect this...

(Hiya, hope everyone is doing alright and liked the chapter, sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger lol
I'm doing a lot better right now mentally so I figured I'd update, I got a really nice comment from MoonKestrel9   that really motivated me and just really made my week so thank you so much MoonKestrel9 for being so awesome and the next chapter should be out soon hope you enjoyed.
Anyways love you, stay safe, don't die.)~Kai
(Word Count 743)