𝐩𝐚𝐰 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 / / 𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐬

pairings: Alexander x John

warnings: fluff, not proofread

time: modern

request: k01_f1sh_cut13

alternative title: take a break (feat. baby philip)

A/N: sorry this is really short, i just haven't had the motivation to write much lately, and i've been sick all week so most of this doesn't make sense but i hope you like it

Alex glanced at the numbers at the bottom of his laptop screen reading the time. His eyes widened as he read the numbers 1:21 pm. Had he really been writing for that long? He started writing at 9 am. He knew he could lose track of time, but never that long. If it went that long, he normally relied on John to make him take a- wait, where was John?

Alex rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands. He was sure that if he didn't come to connections with the human world sometime soon, he would lose it. Standing up from his desk chair, he closed his laptop, despite the annoying voice in the back of his head telling him to do more work.

He stepped out of his room, sighing at the feel of non-stuffy air as he walked down the hallway of his house. The sound of Philip babbling on made Alex's smile widen as he instantly knew where he was.

Making his way to the smaller room, he smiled as he stood in the doorway, seeing John and Philip playing together.

"Oh, look who decided to join us Pip." John said with a teasing smile when he noticed Alex.

Philip jumped around, his face lighting up when he saw his dad, "Papi!" he cheered, waving his arms as a vague gesture for Alex to sit down next to them both. Alex did as he was told and sat down in front of the pair, curiously eyeing the odd collection of Paw Patrol and Transformers toys.

"So what are we playing?" he asked.

John huffed, "Well, I suggested Paw Patrol, Philip suggested Transformers," he explained, ruffling Philip's brown fluffy hair, "So we made a compromise."

Alex pursed his lips with a nod, "Sounds fun. Can I play?"

Nodding excitedly, Philip handed his dad one of the plastic Paw Patrol toys, a toothy grin on his face. Once Philip was busy with the toys, John shuffled closer to Alex.

"I'm proud of you for taking a break, babe." he whispered sincerely, receiving a sarcastic eye roll from Alex.

"Ugh, don't get sappy on me. We're meant to be playing Paw Patrol and Transformers, now is no time to let your guard down." he joked.

With a small laugh, John lightly shoved Alex's side, "I'm serious." he reassured, "I'm really happy you're getting better with breaks. And so is Philip."

"I mean, I was writing for like five hours." he admitted.

John shrugged, "Too bad your math isn't getting any better." Alex rolled his eyes, shoving John back, "But seriously, I really appreciate you trying."

Alex gave a small smile, "Thanks, baby." he said, pressing a kiss against his lips. John smiled, before shuffling back to his previous spot.

"So you ready to play some Paw Patrol?"

"And Transformers." Philip corrected.

John nodded with a laugh, "I'll warn you, it can get pretty intense."

"Obviously," Alex laughed, "It's Paw Patrol and Transformers."