𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐢 ? / / 𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐮𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐫

Pairings: Eliza Schuyler x g/n!reader

Warnings: fluff, swearing, self doubt, awkward confessions, overall bad writing

Time: modern

A/N: this is heavily inspired by the Seven Minutes scene in the movie Crush

"Have you even talked to anyone here besides me?"

You rolled your eyes at John. That was even for him to say. He was practically best friends with everyone at the party. He was pretty much the only person you knew at the party. He was the only reason you were there, so why would you bother talking to people you would normally never talk to?

"For your information, I have. I bumped into that girl and said sorry." you explained, pointing to a girl wearing a yellow leather jacket paired with black tights and a maroon beanie.

John looked over at the girl, before turning back to face you, "So you apologised, then you-"

You cut him off, nodding, "I immediately ran away."

"Why? You could've had a conversation with her at least."

You sent him a look of disbelief. You knew he was only trying to help, but he could be an idiot sometimes, "Have a conversation with her? Dude, she looks so intimidating."

"What- because she has a leather jacket?"

"Precisely. Only super cool people wear those." you stated matter-of-factly.

With a roll of his eyes, John wrapped his arm around yours and began walking, "No. Peggy is literally the least intimidating person to ever walk the earth."

"What are you doing?" you groaned as he practically dragged you across the room.

"You're talking to her." he said, "You need to talk to at least one other person before you graduate high school."

"But-" before you could protest, John had pushed you Peggy's way and called her name to get her attention, "Peggy, this is Y/N." was all he said before leaving you two alone.

Peggy was confused (you didn't blame her), but she smiled brightly at you nonetheless, "Hey Y/N. I'm Peggy, as John literally just said. You bumped into me before, right?"

You nodded, a little embarrassed that that was the only way she knew you. But John was right, she was definitely not intimidating. If anything, she had the opposite effect now, making all your nerves melt away.

"Cool," she said before grabbing your arm and pulling you to her side, grabbing her phone from her pocket and quickly snapping a photo of the two of you together. Seeing your confused expression, she began to explain, "Sorry, I have like, three friends and a sister with huge crushes on you, so they're gonna be so pissed to see that I got a photo with you before them." she said like it was obvious. You could barely make out her sending the photo to four people, before she shoved her phone back in her pocket.

"Oh... what?" you asked, trying to process what she said. Before she could answer, a loud voice called everyone over, and everyone began making their way to the speaker. You hesitantly followed Peggy, asking her what was going on.

"Have you played Seven Minutes before?" You felt your stomach drop. Apparently, Peggy noticed your nervous look, and grabbed your hand comfortingly, "Don't worry, you don't have to do anything you don't want to."

You nodded hesitantly, sitting down beside her as the rest of the party goers began to sit down as well. Glancing over at everyone in the circle, an anxious feeling stirred in the pit of your stomach as you realised there was a high chance of you getting picked which meant you'd have to spend seven minutes in the bathroom with someone you most likely barely knew. Even if you didn't make out with them or do anything else like that, seven minutes was a long time to spend with someone and do nothing with. As you continued scoping out the people sitting in the circle, your eyes fell on one girl, who looked like she had been glaring at Peggy. When you looked over at her, she quickly averted her gaze and glued her eyes back to her phone. You continued staring at her for a second, taking in every detail about her. She had straight black hair falling past her shoulder, a pastel blue long-sleeved shirt on, paired with a white tennis skirt and white doc martens. You had no idea why you were so drawn to her.