2. Adrianna

Romana's POV
_________________________________________________

I waved a taxi down and peered at my watch, seeing how late I was.

"Tax!" I called, the yellow box on wheels blew past me not even tooting it's horn.

"Jerk!" I bellowed, I blew out an aggravated breath and tightened my hold on the ever going purse I had for every occasion.

The leather on it had started to peel off and the brown looked like someone lit a fire on it. How can a twenty three year college graduate be so broke? I thought to myself. Beats me, the economy I guess.

I went to college for five years per the help of the orphanage and my work ethic, only to come out and can't find a decent job, no disrespect to Mr. Star or anything but the little I was making at the club was only for bills and food, never pleasures or elevation.

Another cab came around the corner and I made sure to stick my body out so that it could see me properly.

I waved my hand and the car stopped at my feet.

"Good morning, Scottsdale?" I greeted and asked, The middle aged man eyed me for a second, scrutinizing me under his gaze.

"Yes hop in" he mumbled. Ok attitude much.

I took one last glance at my watch before jumping in and closing the door behind me. It wasn't long after that, we pulled up to the big monstrosity that was Scottsdale newspaper. It looked like the one in Smallville with a big monument on the top.

I payed the miserable old guy who didn't fail to shoot shots at me while we were driving, he thought that I was a prostitute, how rude.

I thought myself professional enough based on my closet, so he was just being judgy, I sported a white under blouse, with a black Cardigan and matching black skirt. I also threw on some old pumps I had.

Surely, it's where I lived that painted that picture of me, since it looked almost like a crack house or slut motel from the outside.

I walked up the massive steps and went through the grand doors that were guarded by security, I had to show ID, the floor was busy people of all sorts walked in and out, drowning out any line of sight I was in.

I walked up to the receptionist desk, timid as a mouse.

A young lady sat behind the desk, engrossed in whatever conversation she was having over the phone. She looked up me, chewing a gum and smacking her mouth.

She urged me to go on with the raise of her brows and a slight poke of her head.

I cleared my throat "Ms. Adrianna?" I asked, She stuck a finger in the air, signaling for me to hold on while she pressed a button on another phone. How many phones did she have?

"Hold on Gary" she said to whoever she was talking to and pressed the other phone to her ears, she pulled it back slightly.

"Name?" She asked, I straightened my back as if I was being watched.

"Romana"

"A miss Romana is here to see you" she spoke and glanced back at me, a bored look graced her face.

"Ok" she said and hung up.

"Too floor, room 10" she gave me the information before pressing the previous phone to her ears.

I mumbled a thank you before walking off to the direction of the elevator. It was a big elevator so it wasn't hard to find. I pressed the button and waited for it to come back down.

In no time I was going up and ended at the top floor, the elevator button was literally called top floor.

I walked off onto the carpeted corridor and quickened my pace until I stumbled upon a door that said 10, I blew out some encouraging breath before lightly knocking.

Her smooth voice came from behind the door "come in" she said.

I went in and my insecurities flared upon seeing her, I saw a beautiful successful woman, just a few years older than me, established and confident, none of which I was.

She smiled when she looked up at me.

"Nice to see you again Romana, have a seat" she gestured to the chair adjacent her desk.

I returned the smile taking the seat.

"Nice to see you too" I said, we reminisced a bit about how we met and how our current lives were going before getting to businesses, she opened a drawer and pulled out a folder, placing it infront of me.

"That's the briefing, after you read and agree to the terms we go on with arrangements" I nodded turning the cover of the folder.

"Mr. Des'aire does not wish for his pictures to be out in the public" she said and it was then that I realized there weren't any pictures of him in truth, it made me frown.

I read over the first page that was telling me about his diagnosis and his behaviors so far that are documented.

"Why doesn't he want his pictures out?" I asked, referring to her previous statement, She snorted.

"Arrogance, I may be judging but...rich men am I right" she said with a chuckle, I rolled my eyes quickly catching on.

"Right." I turned the page and read the rest of the information.

"So he lives a alone, is diagnosed with psychopathy but runs a multi million dollar tech company?" I asked for clarification, she hummed in response.

"Okay sounds easy enough" I said closing the folder, that made her eyebrows raised.

"Don't get your hopes up yet" she said, she pulled out another folder from her drawer and my ears perked up.

"These are the arrangements" she said handing me the folder, I took it and skimmed over the contents then something in particular caught my attention and made me raise my eyebrows from surprise.

"He wishes for me to live in?" I asked, She smirked and nodded.

"Yep, it's a weird request but he does live quite far away so it makes sense" She explained, it was out of my comfort zone but anything to land this job, with a sighed I read the rest of it. There was nothing in particular that made me scared or alarmed, he seemed normal enough, he was just very particular and private it seems.

"Okay" I said shoving the folders back to her.

She folded her fingers together on the table.

"Are you sure?" She asked and squinted her eyes but relaxed when I agreed.

"Alright, now read the rules and make sure you following them.... Take as much time as you need to document him, it just needs to be within a six months time span" I nodded.

"If anything goes wrong you'll have your emergency numbers to call" I nodded again.

"Thank you for the opportunity Adrianna" I said sincerely, she gave me a genuine smile.

"Your welcome, now go pack you leave in a day or two" wow that's quick... I shook her dainty hands and started to make my way out of the office.

"Oh and Romana?" She called, I turned to her when I was by the door.

"Be careful" she said, I didn't like how she said it, her whole aura changed and something sinister lurked Beneath, it made shivers run down my spine.

I swallowed and gave her a shallow smile.

"okay" I said, then I left.

______________________________________________

Remember to comment! And vote

Edited.