9. λαγνεία-lust

Romana's POV
_________________________________________________

λαγνεία is the Greek word for lust, I learnt that in school and lust meant— to have a strong sexual desire.

That is how Eros Des'aire was looking at me, with a strong sexual desire, a prey, a meal. I couldn't deny the fact that it did something to me, made me hot and bothered. I didn't realize how badly I wanted to touch him, wanted him to touch me.. what did he feel like? Or smell like?

I squirmed under his intense gaze and he realized because he looked away. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding, I looked down on my notebook filled with things I've realized so far about how Mr. Eros handled himself in his work environment and I didn't think it would be like this.

Or maybe my expectations were too high.

His office phone rang and my head whipped up at the sound, his eyes were trained on the device as it rang but he made no move to pick it up.

It rang again a few times until he finally decided to shut the thing up.

"Des'aire" came his gruff voice.

"Yes I'm in my office waiting" he said, his eyes now trained on me, this time though I didn't make an effort to look away. His eyes squinted, not expecting me to hold eye contact.

In the midst of all this I still managed to document how he cooperated, his demeanor had switched completely as he conversed with whoever was on the other line.

"In the next ten minutes?" He asked, a mischievous smirk playing at the corner of his lips while his eyes looked me up and down slowly.

Were we silently flirting with each other? Or was he just toying with me. I swallowed and licked my lips a movement his eyes followed, he got up, rose to his full masculine height with the phone still pressed to his ears.

I tried to busy myself, writing what I thought mad sense on the piece of paper but my hands were shaking.

"Will Mr. Silver be joining us?" His conversation was still going but his attention was on me, I looked up, watching as he slowly walked over to where I was and I craned my neck to look up at him as the closer he got the larger he became. He seemed more intimidating in this setting, a true wolf and rabbit situation.

The idea that he sees me as a small, vulnerable animal sent shivers down my spine or maybe he just considered me cute. I'm hoping for the latter.

His hands reached out and brushed the side of my cheeks, knuckles grazing the skin, I leaned in relishing in the feeling of my wish coming true. His hands felt amazing on my skin, not too rough and not too soft.

"Ok" he said to the person, voice dropping an octave.

I closed my eyes and sighed. His fingers brushed on my bottom lip, then his hand travelled down to my jaw and in one smooth motion his fingers snaked around my neck.

My eyes shot open and I looked up at him, immediately my panties became wet from the look he was wearing on his face.

It felt shameful to feel affected to a man I feared, a complete stranger who by medical records was a psychopath but it was the thrill of it all, wasn't it? Relishing in the world of the unknown, taking risk.

"I'll see you in ten then" he hung up and threw the phone on the ground, then he yanked me up to his face by my neck our lips almost touching, I gasp at the thrilling feeling.

"What are you doing?" He whispered, looking directly into my eyes.

My breath hitched words stuck to my tongue like glue, he continued in a husky voice.

"Do you know that I could destroy you Ms. Feretti, hm?" I wanted him to destroy me, show me the real him.

Where was this coming from?

"Maybe I want you to" came my strained voice, surprising both me and him, his eyes darkened and his fingers tightened around my neck, squeezing the sides and cutting off circulation, tears were threatening to come but it felt good.

"Becareful what you wish for little rabbit" I was drowning in lust by this point, my mind was clouded and I wasn't thinking straight. He brought his lips to my ears and said.

"Tell me Romana, what is it that you want me to do to you?"

He searched my eyes as he waited for an answer, I wasn't sure myself but the feeling of his hands on me, the fear and excitement that bubbled through the surface, nudging a side of me I didn't know existed to awaken, made me say the next few words.

"to destroy me Eros and don't hold back" I whispered.

"What was what? I didn't hear you" he taunted with amusement, voice low, dark and husky, his lips brushed the tips of my earlobes and I shuddered. A moan almost escaped.

I gulped "To destroy me Eros" I said louder, hearing myself reiterate that out loud made a sickening feeling settle within the debts of my belly and embarrassment coated my cheeks.

What the hell was I doing?

He moved away from my ears and released my neck, stepping away from me.

He just stared at me with a curious gaze and I looked towards the floor ashamed of the things that just came out of my mouth. 

"You have no idea what your getting your self into little rabbit" he said, I looked up and his face was void of all emotions, the desire and lust filled eyes were gone. Replaced by blank ones.

He continued "stick to your job and go home...Don't ever pursue me again or you will not like it" was all he said before walking back to his desk, I swallowed a lump and sat back down, tears brimming the edges of my eyes from total embarrassment.

Eros Des'aire didn't like me, he didn't like anybody. He approached you? My voice echoed, defending me, but I had wanted it.

A knock sounded from outside and I quickly straighten up, crossing my legs to help with the tension between them and willing my tears to go back from where they came. Eros told whoever to come in and a group of men and one female graced us with their presence.

I tried to seem small and non existent so that they could have their meeting, I took all the notes possible, fingers burning from all the things that had come up inside my mind both good and bad, biased and unbiased alike.

I sighed I missed Isabella I hadn't seen her from morning, I wish we could talk and bawl my eyes out on her shoulders.

Eros glanced over at me but I rolled my eyes and looked down at my notebook. Asshole.

_____________________________________________

Aum...tension, it's getting hot in here? Lol

But I wasn't too pleased with this chapter but I hope you liked it though.

Anyways, please remember to comment, vote and share.. it encourages the writer alot and I like reading y'all comments. Let me know what you thought of this chapter.

Edited 3/4/23

Some of the comments may not make any sense because I am actively editing this book and are taking out some things and just over deconstructing the book. (Ish)