Friends?

Vance's Pov

I've always had feelings for Bruce and accepted it. The first time i saw him he just looked so pretty, and perfect, but no one is perfect. His smile makes me melt. The way he's good at school makes me mad, but that doesn't change my feelings for him.

Who would've thought? Pinball Vance Hopper falling for Goodytwoshoes Bruce Yamada, the most popular kid in school. He's good looking, great at school, caring, and he's never mean to anyone.

I went to the baseball game because Robin forced me to. I could've gotten out of going, but i wanted to see Bruce play. He's better at baseball than i thought. I've went to a lot of baseball games but never Bruce's.

When i caught him staring my heart fluttered. I had to act like he was next, i felt bad for doing that when he didn't do shit to me. That's the thing, i want Bruce all to myself, but everyone in the school knows he doesn't swing that way.

What really disappoints me is that he smiles at every girl he sees, i know he's just trying to be nice but it hurts me. I wish he would look at me like that. Pfft who am i kidding, he's not gay. Although i am, i'm in love with Bruce Yamada.

I'm happy he let me walk with him to his house. That night i added him on instagram, he added back after a few minutes. We texted until i got tired. I went to sleep thinking about him, and how adorable he is. I love Bruce Yamada.

***
The next morning i got up and changed into ripped jeans, my necklace, a random shirt i found, and the shoes i always wear. I hate going to school, I'm only ever happy to go just to see Bruce.

We only have 3 classes together, but i see him in the halls. I got to school to see Robin and Finney talking to each other, they're best friends and no one can change that. Robins a cool kid and it's obvious he likes Finney.

I see 2 random kids walk up to them and sit down. I raised an eyebrow at that and shrugged. I walked over to learn that their names are Billy Showalter and Griffin Stagg. They're both a few years younger than me.

I catch Bruce walking up to Finney and smiling at me. I looked at him and gave a half-smile. I didn't know what to do. He sits down and starts talking to Finney.

Robin asks me "Why did Bruce smile at you?" I shrug and say "uh we talked last night, does it matter?" Robin smiles. "YES OF COURSE IT MATTERS! YOU HAVE A FRIEND!!" Robin whispers to me, then elbows my arm.

I smile to myself and thought about what Robin said 'a friend'. I think about it for a second and say "Friend?" Robin nods and says "That's kinda how me and Finn became friends!" I could see the bright smile on his face become a little blush.

Bruce gets up after talking to Finney and sits by me. I feel my cheeks heat up but rub it off. He looks at me in worry and says "Hey Vance, you okay?" I pick up my head and nod. He smiles and pats my shoulder.

"Friends?" Bruce nods towards me, waiting for me to answer. I smile and go "uh yeah sure" He says "Okay! Well i'll see you in Math!" I nod and smile as he walks away.

The first class i have with bruce is Math. Then it's Science. Then after Science it's English. I have every class with Robin and a few with Finney.

***
I walk into Math and sit in the middle row. Everyone walks past me or just looks and me and quickly looks away. I watch the door, waiting for Bruce to walk in. He walks in and many girls blush and wave at him.

I had a feeling he was going to sit with one of his baseball buddies, but he immediately came and sat right next to me. I felt my cheeks heat up with a light blush. I looked down at the table, so Bruce couldn't see i was blushing. Then i look up to see a note on my desk.

Hangout after school? - Bruce:)

sure - Vance

I watch as he opens the note and smiles. He writes something down and passes it back to me.

My house or yours? - Bruce:)

you choose - Vance:)

Okay! Mine, i have a cat and my mom probably will still be at work. Also don't mind my little brother, he's a butt. - Bruce:)

okay - Vance:)

He puts the note in his pocket and works on his paper. I am extremely confused. I pass a note to him that says

bruce what's the answers i need help - V.H

I'm not cheating Vance - B.Y

pleaseeeee i'm so confused - v.h

Fine
1. 7.54
2. 9
3. 10.67
4. 46
5. True - B.Y

thanks bruce your the best - v.h

I erase the 'your the best', so now it says 'thanks bruce - v.h'.

Yeah sure but just know i'm never letting you cheat again - B.Y

we'll see about that bruce - v.h

He puts the note in his other pocket, then the bell rings. I wait until everyone is gone and i accidentally bump into Bruce, Making him almost fall.
—————————
IM SORRY CLIFFHANGER!! BUT I HOPE THIS ONE WAS BETTER. // 919 words

I like you, just how you are.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें