Phase39. Message from the prisoner.

"Like a lily in bloom, an angel writing in a book of gold.... exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold and to the presence in the room he said....."

The words fell from his lips with a slight hint of joy but a memorable smile that took him back to Jimin's childhood days. Eunsang realized Yoonsoo had gone quiet and decided to check whether she had fallen asleep. The little girl lifted her head to meet Eunsang's gaze. "Eunsoo, did you know that this is my teacher's favorite poem?" Yoonsoo squealed.

"It is?" Eunsang asked with exciting eyes, she nodded abruptly. She went back into Eunsang's arms. "Today something happened in school.." Yoonsoo began with a low tone. "What happened sweetheart?" Eunsang questioned brushing the little girl's silky bulky hair. "A girl in my class wrote a letter to me.... she said I was her crush because I looked like you." Yoonsoo went on clutching her fist on Eunsang's shirt.

Eunsang gulped hard at her words. "My friend is getting famous already." Eunsang teased to divert the conversation. "Eunsoo.." Yoonsoo began falling asleep in Eunsang's arms. "Talk to me Yoonsoo." Eunsang said softly. "W-W-What if what my daddy says about you is true? W-What if you're going to break my daddy and my father apart?" The little girl said. Eunsang felt a painful lump in his throat.

"W-where did you get that from?" Eunsang questioned nervously. "Daddy says it all the time especially when something happens between him and my father." Yoonsoo replied innocently. "Promise me you won't do anything to my family." Yoonsoo sniffed and that was when Eunsang realized the little girl was crying. "I'm your family... I'm your Eunsoo so I won't do anything like that." Eunsang replied comforting the little girl.......

The cock crowed to announce the dawn of the morning rails. Jimin still sat by the fire side where the maiden was cremated. His head bent low with his forehead touching his knee squatting emphatically on the wet soil with blood stains on his hand. He just lose a friend, a comforter and a pillow to lay his headaches on. It was cold outside and Jimin had refused any form of cold aid from the guards, Mother Ahn and Jungkook.

He repeatedly threw sawdust mixed with petroleum in the fire to keep it flaming while his body formed a ball on the fields. His eyes were swollen and he could feel it in his senses that he was beginning to fall sick. The blank feeling in his mind and soul spoke volume to his actions. Mother Ahn stood behind him covered in a wolf blanket waiting for Jimin all night.

Jungkook had left to his room the night before Moonbyul was killed but could not bring himself to fall asleep seeing Jimin in that condition. He stood in his balcony watching over him, a part of him wondered about the death of Moonbyul, he was sure Moonbyul would've tried terminating the baby again should he let her live. On the other hand, she was going to die either ways for trespassing the radiant light that detected their codes.

In broad daylight, Moonbyul would've been torn into pieces since she had betrayed the code by trespassing the radiant light. Jungkook immediately left his room to attend to Jimin. "Jimin!" Mother Ahn cried catching Jimin before he could fall. His eyelids shut gently but his lips still quivered, the skin around his lips had worn out and his face had swollen. "Oh Jimin why are you doing this to yourself.."

Mother Ahn cried wiping the boy's face and stroking her body back and forth to give comfort to the boy in his arms. She drew his body closer to her bosom and leaned her head to Jimin's shoulder. "Please.... Please.. hold in there for a while.. Everything will return to normal soon." She whispered amidst tears. She was reminded clearly the death of her caretaker. She was locked in her room for three days to avoid anything that would force her to keep seeing her caretaker.

"I will take him to my room now." Jungkook said. "No.. I will take care of him, you can go and prepare for work." Mother Ahn replied not bothering you look up at Jungkook. "And what right do you have over Jimin?" Jungkook questioned. Mother Ahn ordered a guard to help her with Jimin and when she stood up, she slapped Jungkook across his face angrily. "I won't have you go beyond anything across the rive like your father!" Mother Ahn spat.