𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    THE NURSES HAD NEVER SEEN VADER SO GENTLE WITH A PRISONER. It was a shock to all of them when he set the woman gently on the medical table and stroked the hair out of her face. And despite the loving touches he gave to the girl, his voice boomed with demands as he asked them to give her a check-up and give her the nutrients she had clearly lacked. He would get her back to perfect health.

    Vader stands behind the bed where Astrid's head is laid, his hands gently caressing her cheek. He watched their every move as they touched her soft skin. His mouth had spewed more threats than he'd ever given the nurses, all of them true. If Astrid had so much as a small scratch, he'd kill them all.

    As his eyes scan over Astrid, he felt the small bit of Anakin that had clung to his body break through the strong binds Vader had restrained him with. His breathing picked up as he realized Astrid's mere presence was the only thing that had brought out a small bit of light in his heart since the rise of the Empire.

    A small groan falls from Astrid's lips, eyes scrunching a bit before she relaxes again in her sleep. The needle of the IV had been inserted, though clearly creating some discomfort for her. She looked at peace.