Chapter 9: The Labyrinth

The girl is Rose, but no highlights. Who has seen the movie of Fairy Tail: The Phoenix Priestess?! I love it! 😊😁

{Normal POV}

As the gang headed towards their destination, they began to wonder why Julie choose them. Though, they didn't dare question her decision. Lucy, Juvia, and Gajeel were confused and talked telepathically with the others, except Julie, Ed, and Rose. Little did they know that two white-haired sisters helped in the choosing process.

"What's wrong? Why won't you at least ask if you're curious?"- Lucy

"You just don't know her that well!"- Gray, Natsu, Levy

"Salamander, ice boy, and shrimp are afraid of a little girl?"- Gajeel

"Even I don't want to get her angry."- Erza

"But why is Gray-sama and the others afraid of her? She seems very sweet!"- Juvia

"Well, she has overwhelming magical power levels that can rival the power of all S-class mages and masters of guilds at their full potential together."- Jellal said matter-of-factly.

"What is this?" Ed asked as the others quickly cutted their telepathy. They were standing in front of a large building decorated with vines that grew near the edges. It seemed from medieval times of princesses and dragons. Around the place, runes quickly appeared.

"I'll read what it says out loud." Rose volunteered.

"It states, 'If you wish to pass through to the kingdom of Marlen (A/N: I know, horrible, I just made it up on the spot!!) , you must first go through the labyrinth and reach the end.'"

"Ok then we'll split into groups!

•Gajeel and Levy
•Natsu and Lucy
• Gray and Juvia
•Erza and Jellal
And Ed, Rose, and I will be another team. This will make it easier to look around for anything suspicious. Let's go!" Julie ordered.

Everyone went their separate ways into the labyrinth. Though, someone in the shadows was lurking within...

'Start the plan.'

~At Gajeel and Levy's Path~

{Gajeel's POV}

Well, after that brat ordered us to look out through the building, everyone scurried to their assigned path. Still, why am I stuck with shrimp? Does she know something I don't? Dammit, don't tell me she knows that I...

"Hey Gajeel, what do you think about this labyrinth being in our way?" she cut through my thoughts.

"Well, for starters, it seems too quiet, like someone is waiting for the time to attack." I answered. I smelled our surroundings and caught the scent of an enemy.

"Stay close." I told her as I got into a fighting stance. She nodded and did the same. This will get interesting now!

~At Gray and Juvia's Path~

{Gray's POV}

Dammit!! Julie knows that I have a thing for Juvia, and she went and called out only pairs! I saw that glint in her eyes. I bet Mira and Lisanna helped them choose us for this mission!

"I think we should keep a look out for enemies anywhere, Gray-sama." Juvia suggested.

I nodded as we cautiously walked through the labyrinth. It gave off a weird and dark atmosphere. This place was creepy from the start. I wonder how the others are doing. Suddenly, a small group of people popped out of no where and tried to ambush us.

"Water Lock!" Juvia chanted as she captured around half of them. I finished the job by attacking them quickly. They still put up a good fight and Juvia helped as well. All of them were knocked out unconscious and only one was still awake. I grabbed the guy from his collar and gave a death glare. "What are you after?!" I asked, half yelling at his ear.

{Juvia's POV}

I was a bit startled at the sudden ambush, but quickly regained my composure. Afterall, I need to look good in front of Gray!!!

~At Jellal and Erza's Path~

{Jellal's POV}

I have a feeling that Julie picked these pairings for another reason...

Well, Erza was being mature as always and didn't let her guard down. "I think it's too quiet here. It's like someone is waiting to attack everyone." Erza told me. I nodded in agreement and kept walking cautiously. Then, as if on cue, a gang of mages attacked. So, Erza quickly re-quipped into her Heaven's Wheel armor and we both got into the fighting.

__________________________

Comment what you think!! 😃