What If?

(Y/N gains his composure after a few seconds)

Y/N: Hi Elizabeth what are you doing here? (Takes the bags of groceries to the kitchen)

Lizzie: (stunned by the use of her legal name) I uh came by to see you dummy (looks down at her feet)

Y/U/N: Why don't you both go to the backyard and catch up a bit huh?

Y/N: (sighs) Yea I guess (makes his way to the backyard with Lizzie following closely behind)

(Y/N pulls two lawn chairs together and sits on one of them)

Y/N: So what do I owe the surprise Elizabeth?

Lizzie: Stop with the Elizabeth you never called me by my actual name before Y/N

Y/N: Yea well if I recall correctly the ones who call you by your nickname are usually friends people who are close to you, because If my memory serves me right we haven't been close friends since the 10th grade. You haven't came over, haven't called, in rare instances you say hi to me or even acknowledge my existence Elizabeth ever since you got with Alex and became friends with the theater kids you completely forgotten about me (raises his voice) honestly I'm not sure why I'm even talking to you (he gets up from his seat about to make his way inside)

Lizzie: Your aunt told me about you enlisting into the military (quickly stands up) and uhh also how you have I mean had feelings for me (this makes Y/N stop dead in his tracks and turns around)

Y/N: Who says I've stopped? (Tries his hardest not to cry) that's the thing Elizabeth for years I've tried my hardest to forget about you about how I feel about you but shit is difficult because I've never felt this way before in my life for anyone else yea I've tried with my past relationships but they never last cause that spark that connection isn't there (takes a deep breath) it's because I'm in love with you maybe that's why it's so fucking difficult to just let go and it kills me seeing you with Alex in the hallways, during lunch you know (wipes away a single tear from his cheek) cause I wanted to be that guy the one by your side the one who you can rely on the one who'll protect you but it's too late for that I had my shot and I fucking blew all those years ago by my own insecurities. Most likely my aunt didn't tell you that I was gonna ask you out on the first day of high school huh?? (Lizzie taken way from what she just heard) but then you met Alex and everything went to shit.

(silence grew between the two of you then all of a sudden Lizzie comes running towards you without hesitation and kisses you at that moment everything around them seemed to fade away for those few seconds for them it seemed like an eternity then you two pull apart)

Y/N: No Liz this is wrong why did you kiss me? You're in a relationship (as he takes a few steps back)

Lizzie: That's why I came over in the first place Y/N to tell you that me and Alex mutually decided to break up its been about 2 weeks since we called it quits it just simply wasn't working out between us and that I've came to the realization that I broke the promise to the one person I truly cared about, which was that nothing was gonna come between us and I basically broke it the very next day and that I couldn't keep the feelings I've had for you bottled up any longer (chuckles) also to give you the news that I've gotten accepted to NYU my dream school (smiles)

Y/N: Holy shit congratulations Liz I'm extremely happy for you I remember ever since middle school you always talked about how NYU was the university you want to go for it's incredible acting program, you're gonna be a huge movie star mark my words Lizzie, hey maybe even you get a part in a marvel movie in the future with the success of the new Iron Man movie (laughs)

Lizzie: (laughs) Yea that would be awesome playing a superhero one day.

Y/N: So what now? We can't ignore the fact that we just kissed (scratches the back of his head)

Lizzie: What if.....we take it slow?

Y/N: That's the thing Lizzie after graduation we're gonna be far apart you in New York and imma be stationed at Camp Pendleton for training

(Lizzie cups your face with her hands and looks deeply into your eyes)

Lizzie: We'll make this work cause Y/N I can't live without you you've been there for me since when we were 10 years old we're inseparable we're a two person team you and I but promise me this....when you're off doing god knows what in the military that you'll come back to me (rubs your cheek with her thumb)

Y/N: Then let's make it work we have a couple of days before graduation how about I take you on a proper date and work from there and I promise cross my heart (smiling)

Lizzie: Y/N Y/L/N I would love to go on a date with you (kisses you)

Y/U/N: You two finally decided to confess your love for each other it's about damn time (yelling from the backyard doorway scaring the two of you)

Y/N: Holy shit how long you two been standing there for??

Y/A/N: For about 10 mins now (laughing)

Y/N: Weirdos (holding Lizzie in your arms hides her face in your chest from the embarrassment) come let's get inside (interlocking your hand with hers)

Y/U/N: Somebodies blushing and welcome to the family Lizzie

A/N: Two chapters in one night?!?!?! I've been spoiling you guys I hope you liked this chapter IT FINALLY HAPPENED but believe me it ain't gonna be smooth sailing for them so buckle up a lot more is yet to come stay tuned!!!