Chapter 2

Yeonjun's POV

"Hyung! What are you smiling at?" Beomgyu asked as he jumped on my back, making me fall on the floor of the practice room.

"Yah! Would you get off me, you pest!? I was just texting my friend letting her know we'll be in the states for our tour." I said while harshly pushing him off of me. To no avail he found his way back on my back.

"OOOOOHHHH! GUYS HYUNG IS TEXTING A GIRL!" Before I could even protest, Beomgyu grabbed my phone and started running around the practice room with it. I immediately got up to chase him and everyone just laughed, seeing as though we probably looked like tom and jerry at this point.

"Beomgyu, give hyung his phone back so we can start practice please." Soobin said finally breaking up the interaction but not before I could get in one more kick to the younger one.

I grabbed my phone and put it in my gym bag with a huff, "and before you say anything, no I was not texting a girl I was texting Lily Mae, my family is going to be staying with her family in the states while we tour and I'm going to be staying with her when we stop in [xxx]."

"Oh yeah! Lily Mae! The girl you've been in love with since the fourth grade but never had the balls to tell her because you had to move back to Korea and now you're stuck here as a sad, lonely, single 23 year old k-pop idol who turns down every woman that throws themselves at you because you fell in love with a foreigner at the age of 9, while she goes and lives her life in America as a happy single 22 year old who doesn't have anything holding her back? That Lily Mae? I think you've mentioned her once or twice." Taehyun said with a completely deadpan face as though he was reading 'Yeonjun fun facts' off of wikipedia.

I took a deep inhale and rubbed my temples in annoyance. "No... I am not in love with her... our families are close and so are we... plus I haven't seen her since I was a trainee... anyway! Back on topic! I won't be staying with you guys when we go to [xxx], the company already approved it. Now Soobin-ssi can we please start practicing?"

With a beat of silence, not wanting to push the topic any farther soobin nodded his head and we began practicing.

Lily Mae's POV

After the conversation I had with Yeonjun the next morning i hopped out of bed with a big smile on my face and ran down stairs singing to myself "my best friend is coming to America~ and I get his mom's cooking~"

"So I take it Yeonjun told you they're coming?"

I jumped at the voice coming from my living room, only to turn around and find my mom folding my laundry.

"Shit mom, you scared me! I know I gave you a key but dear lord warn somebody, what if I was naked?"

My mom stopped folding the laundry and looked at me over the glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose, "child, don't start with me." I just laughed and grabbed a banana from the counter, made my way over to the couch and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek before sitting down.

"Well, I'm glad you're here mommy I missed you, work has been so hectic with the teacher shortage i'm subbing different classes almost everyday." I sighed, throwing my head on the back of the couch. My mom just chuckled, "I'm glad I'm here too. Your apartment is a wreck, don't you clean up after yourself?"

I took a bite of my banana before speaking, "I would if I had the time, between going to different schools almost every week to fill in for teachers and then going to the dance studio after school to teach my own classes, I barely have time to eat much less do chores anymore." my mom just shook her head.

"You work too hard little bee-" before my mom could finish her lecture my phone started ringing from the kitchen, "ooh that might be Yeonjun calling to make plans!"

I checked the caller ID and furrowed my brow a little disappointed that it wasn't Yeonjun but instead my friend Lisa, one of the other substitute teachers that works with the same company as me.

LISA 🤍
*active call*

LILZ OH MY GOD
GUESS WHAT

Well good morning to
you too ahaha

Oh yeah whatever
good morning
GUESS WHAT I HAVE
A SURPRISE

Um... I don't know...
the dude that
Ghosted you finally
texted you back?

....i said surprise
not miracle....

Okay okay okay whatever,
what's the surprise?

I got us two tickets to see
TxT when they come
For a tour!!

TxT? Ooooooh that
K-pop group that you never
Shut up about?

Yes, that K-pop group
that I never shut up about!
And you're coming with me!
You know why?

Because I'm a good friend and
I love you?

Because you're a good friend
and you love me.

Okay well i'll see if i can go,
my friend is visiting
From Korea at that time

PLEAAAASSSSEEEEE
LILZ
When do I ever ask
you for anything?

Um all the time actually...

Beside the point...
you're going.
Tell your friend you'll
see them later

You're so lucky he has a
busy schedule
Or else you'd
be going by yourself

Eeeeeee I'll take that as a yes!
I'll text you the Details later!
Love you! MwUaHHH

Just so you know...
going to all of these
Concerts isn't going to make an
Idol fall in Love with you,
you know that right?
Please tell me that you know that,
it's very Important
to me that you know that.

Yeah yeah yeah
whatever you say.

*call ended*

I chuckled to myself before putting my phone back on the counter. "Who was that?" my mom called from the living room.

"Oh it was just Lisa, she bought us tickets to go see some kpop group in a few weeks, it'll be nice since Yeonjun will be busy with work, i'll have something to occupy my time." my mom just hummed in response "I wonder if Yeonjun listens to them since they seem pretty big. I mean they're touring in America, right?"

My mom just shrugged, "maybe, I mean he's been trying to get you to listen to k-pop for years, speaking of Korea... have you heard back from that company about teaching english there?" I thought for a second while still trying to wake my mind up.

"No not yet! But I only applied a week ago so it isn't a big deal, I'm sure I'll hear back soon!" I gave my mom a hopeful smile, she reciprocated my smile "my little bee... flying all the way to Korea. I know you'll get the job."

"I sure hope so..."