Chapter 15

Long chapter ahead so grab some snacks and honestly some tissues

Start playing the video at '🎶'

A week later (yeonjun's pov)

Our concerts began again and were great, MOA were going crazy. For a moment and only a moment I forgot about everything that has happened in the past week and a half.

We were backstage getting changed for our next set when my manager approached me, "Yeonjun-ssi how are you doing?"

"I'm fine Manager-nim, thank you." I gave him a tight lipped smile and he backed off, knowing I didn't want him to press any farther.

"30 seconds to places" the stage manager called out.

We were making our way back to the stage when Soobin stopped me, "hyung, I have an idea, do you trust me?"

Soobin has always been the type of leader to do as he's told, speak when spoken to, and keep the best interest of the company at heart. When it came to the group though he always put us above everything. Knowing this and hearing his plan I wrapped him in a hug while holding back tears.

"Are you sure Soobin? We could get in a lot of trouble?" I said to him with worry coating my voice.

"10 seconds!"

"Hyung, I'm sure." he patted me on the back and went to take his spot.

We made our way to our places and the intro to 'nap of the star' started resounding in my ear piece and the stage opened up, the crowd going insane. Just as the intro finished we were supposed to take our places for 'crown' but I stood up and made my way to the front of the stage while the others stayed back and lined up behind me.

"Hi guys, how are we doing tonight?"  I mustered up enough strength to make sure my voice didn't shake as I spoke. The crowd cheered loudly. I smiled genuinely for the first time in many days and continued talking.

I took a deep breath, "um, a little less than two weeks ago we went through something..." I tried to continue speaking but my voice broke and tears started falling from my eyes.

I turned away from the audience to look at my members who all had teary eyes as well but were cheering me on. The crowd erupted into loud encouraging yells.

"I love you Yeonjun!"

"We're here for you!"

"It's okay Junnie!"

I nodded after collecting myself and turned back around to face MOA tears still coating my cheeks, "thank you very much..." I took a pause and went back to what I was originally going to say.

"Less than two weeks ago, someone I love very much was in an accident... she almost didn't make it and unfortunately that is why we had to postpone performing for you." I heard a collective 'aw' coming from fans as though they could feel my pain.

"Right now, she is still in the hospital..." I choked but fought through it, "and she has still not woken up..." the crowd fell silent, letting me say what I needed to say, getting everything off my chest as though I was in a therapy session.

"During our debut years, I would come back to America every once and a while to visit her and her family. When I came back to Korea I would talk about my time spent here in the states for days on end." I laugh thinking about how annoyed my members would get hearing about Lily Mae for hours.

"It got to a point where I think Bang PD-nim only wrote this next song just to get me to shut up." Everyone collectively laughed and I gave them a caring smile. I paused before I spoke the next words knowing this was about to change my career forever.