Chapter 5

Lily Mae's POV

Once dinner was done cooking everyone made their way to the dining room to eat.

I sat next to my older sister, Yeonjun sat across from me next to his mother, his dad at the head of the table, and my mom at the other end of the table between yeonjun and I.

As we all got settled into dinner conversations started flowing. When no one was paying attention (or so I thought) my sister leaned over and said to me in a hushed tone, "is it me... or did Yeonjun get hot?" I looked up from my plate and stared at Junie for a second before whispering back to my sister, "nope, definitely not just you... he got hot." quickly after I finished my sentence I felt a foot nudge me under the table, my eyes shot up to Yeonjun ready to scold him, before I could even get a word out he smirked and shot me a wink.

Oh fuck... he definitely heard me.

To quickly hide my embarrassment I hissed at him "what are you looking at weirdo?" he laughed and leaned back in his seat with a cocky smile.

"Oh nothing..."

I rolled my eyes pretending to be annoyed, but he could see right through me.

Our parents catching the last part of our interaction chimed in, "Oh look at those two, I swear they're going to get married one day." Yeonjun's dad said to my mom with a hearty laugh.

After hearing that I choked on my water and coughed loudly, "with all due respect Appa Choi... no thank you." I said in a sarcastic tone, Yeonjun looked at me with shock and dramatically put his hand on his chest.

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused." I spat back

"You could only marry me in your dreams." he disputed

"Love, that would be a nightmare." I laughed

Our parents laughed at our entire interaction knowing what we hadn't even admitted to each other.

We loved each other with our whole hearts. Everyone could see that, plain and simple.

~~~~~

After dinner was over Yeonjun and I quickly escaped my mom's house to avoid any more awkward marriage conversations.

When we finally started heading towards my house we both let out a hearty breath we didn't even know we were holding in.

We made eye contact and then burst into laughter, "jeez, our parents really haven't changed have they?" I said in disbelief, he chuckled "no they really have not." he shook his head and threw it back on the headrest of my front seat, while watching the city pass by.

Music played softly in the background as we sat comfortably in silence.

I don't know what came over me but in a moment my eyes started to fill with tears and my hand reached over the console and my pinky intertwined with Junie's, something we always did as kids to tell eachother 'I love you'.

"I can't believe you're here Yeonjunie I really missed you..." as i stifled a sob his other hand reached over and wiped my cheek, "oh lil m don't be such a baby, we talk everyday."

"Yeah... but... my best friend... is here... in person."

He just chuckled and sat back in his seat again giving my pinky a squeeze telling me 'it's okay'.

We were about halfway to my house when 'Anti-romantic' by TxT started playing through the speakers.

I didn't pay much attention to it until Yeonjun started singing. My eyes went wide when I heard his voice and his eyes went wide when he realized he was singing

"Choi Daniel, you sing?"

"Lily Mae, you listen to TxT?"

We both asked our questions at the same time. I laughed and brushed him off, "oh no, my friend Lisa made this playlist for me she's been trying to get me into kpop. I put it on because I knew you would like it." he nodded and chuckled in what sounded like relief? I wasn't sure.

~~~~~

When we finally settled into my apartment I made my way to my room and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt.

After changing I made my way back downstairs and walked towards the kitchen, Yeonjun's eyes following me the entire time as he sat on the couch.

Trying to ignore his eyes on me I quickly cut the silence to keep myself from getting flustered.

"Chum churum?"

He quickly snapped out of his gaze and met my eyes, "huh?"

I chuckled seeing him nervously shift in his seat, "do you want soju, pabo?"

"oh , yeah! Sure!"

I went into my cabinet and grabbed two shot glasses, the strawberry soju and a big bag of animal crackers. I plopped down on the couch and Yeonjun's eyes widened when he saw the industrial sized bag of animal shaped cookies on my coffee table.

"Aigo, are you trying to feed a village?" he basically yelled.

"I like to snack when I drink." I said with a pout. He laughed and cracked open the bottle of soju, "you don't work tomorrow right?" I shook my head.

He shot me an evil smirk "Lil M let's play 20 questions. If you don't want to answer a question you have to take a shot."

I shot him a scared look, "Junie, last time we played this game I ended up with my head in the toilet and you crying because you thought I was dying."

Junie laughed and threw his head back, "yeah, but we were teenagers and we were drinking bombay..."

I pursed my lips in contemplation.

After a beat I spoke, "fineeeeee, but just know if you throw up you're cleaning it up." he held out his pinky to me and I intertwined mine with his, "deal." he said with a victorious smile.

I updated both books in one day???? This is unheard of.

I finally had a day off so I'm hammering out as much writing as possible.

Should I post one more chapter 🤔

I'm feeling frisky. So maybe.