Love is... wait, what? - Part 1

-Warning: The following story takes places after the main plot of the videogame "War is coming". Spoilers ahead.

"I'm pooped." These were Amphion thoughts while heading back to the fortress. It only had been two weeks since commander Ponem designed him as his vice-commander. However, he didn't expect this new role of him to be so tiresome. In order to be an efficient vice-commander, he had to turn himself into a responsible person. He had to care about his juniors. He had to care about someone he didn't even know, in some cases. "Caring" isn't exactly the best thing he can do. That day, however, Amphion didn't have to care about anyone. He spent his day reading reports. "Reading" isn't the best thing he can do either. He is able to read, of course, he simply doesn't want to. He considers himself a pragmatic person. He doesn't like embracing abstract concepts. He's a man of action... at least that's what he thinks, but what about how his peers see him? "He managed to become vice-commander in only two months, Ponem himself chose him, he must be a strong and responsible person... I guess.". That would sum it up. That "I guess" at the end is self-explanatory: those who knew him for the person he really was weren't that many. The last war kept everyone busy. Plus, Amphion isn't an extroverted person. Anyway, now Amphion is heading to the fortress in order to give the reports to Acrisius. Afterwards, he'll just go straight to bed, he likes sleeping, even though he basically doesn't feel anything while he does that. After entering the fortress, he saw Ingrid, Eleri and Somerset, or rather "That one olive skinned guy from team 1", as Amphion would call him. The three of them were talking to each other near the throne.

"I can never remember that guy's name... maybe I should start paying more attention to him. Maybe I should start paying more attention to everyone. I'm the vice-commander now, after all." Amphion thought while approaching them. Eleri heard his steps' sounds and spotted him.

"Hey, Amphion! Perfect timing! Come here!" Eleri shouted while motioning her hand in order to urge him to hurry up. There were at least 12 person in the hall, but they didn'teven pay attention to Eleri's tone of voice. Eleri is the exact opposite of Amphion when it comes to socializing. Everyone in that room knew her behaviour, that's why no one cared about her. That's just how Eleri is.