Love is... wait, what? - Part 5

Once they reached their room, the room n.216, Ingrid opened the door. The two of them were astonished after just seeing how wide the sofa was, for a hotel room, that is. The floor was made of quartz; a big, round, red carpet was at the centre of the room; a wooden wardrobe was on the left corner; a red armchair was just next to it; two single beds were placed on the right side, both covered with a red duvet; there were also an oval mirror and a little table made of glass.

"So... the rooms aren't the big deal, huh?" Amphion said while looking around.

"I never said that... I said our room was going to be small... and it is, just as expected." Ingrid answered.

"I'm pretty used to it... the royal room is quite similar... but still..." She added. Amphion hadn't said nothing. She was doing everything herself. Her words were contradicting her actions. Indeed, she said that, but her eyes were wide open.

"Stop pretending. Showing a bit of wonder won't kill you." Amphion said.

"Fine. It's outstanding. I didn't see this coming." Ingrid answered.

"See? That wasn't hard." Amphion teased her. On Amphion's contrary, it's really easy to get a reaction out of Ingrid. She gazed at Amphion sternly and slowly reached for a string popping out of her armor, near her neck. She pulled it, actioning the mechanism that would dismantle her armor completely in one go, that left Ingrid in her furred tank top. The racket the falling pieces of lead made could probably be heard on the lower floor as well. Ingrid turned towards the bathroom's door and said:

"I'm gonna take a bath, the party will start in a hour. Fix my armor." Ingrid entered the bathroom and slammed the door behind her, not giving Amphion the time to reply. Amphion sighed.

"There you go, she's angry now." He thought. He threw himself on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He waited for the flowing sound of water to come from the bathroom, in order to be sure Ingrid was already bathing herself. He said, loudly, making sure Ingrid could hear him:

"I ain't moving a muscle." Amphion's prediction was right: Ingrid was already in the bathtub, it was too late for her to get out of the bathroom and get angry at him again. She grew even more annoyed by his words, even if she kinda expected them.