Love is... wait, what? - Part 11

Amphion and Ingrid went on the last floor of the hotel. The rumors were true, a big pool was waiting for them. The room was round shaped, the pool was hexagonal. The pool wasn't deep at all, probably because it had been created so that people could relax while bathing. The pool was surrounded by candles, a great deal of candles. They were there for two reasons: to keep the water warm and to create an atmosphere. The more relaxing the place was, the better, of course. Still, there was no trace of wind magic, no hydromassage thing. Amphion and Ingrid took of their clothes, leaving only the underwear on. Amphion and Ingrid had been in the same hotel room even before that party, as during their toughest missions they often had to take some rest before accomplishing anything, but they had never taken a bath together. There was no embarrassment in the air, mind, but the view of each other's naked body gave them something to think about. Ingrid noticed Amphion's several scars all over the upper half of his body. She already knew he had a lot of scars, Amphion pierced his own body with his sword many times in order to activate black blood, but seeing them was a different thing. One of them caught her attention. His abdomen had a big round scar, whatever had pierced Amphion, it definitely must had been a big thing. Ingrid knew what was the cause of that scar. It was the Cothell. Amphion got that scar while trying to protect her from her first encounter with it. "And I passed out anyway." She thought. She was feeling guilty. The truth is, she had no fault whatsoever. On the contrary, it would be correct to say that the fault was Amphion's. He was the one who insisted on going to Volcanoo in order to chase an adamantine he thought he had seen going there. However, when it comes to this kind of things, Ingrid only asks herself if she was conscious or not when that specific moment happened and, since she wasn't, everything was consequently her fault. On the other hand, Amphion felt relieved. The thought of Ingrid's sculpted body usually frightened him. The thought of a girl having that much muscular mass intimidated him. But he noticed that Ingrid was not as "big" as he had thought. Amphion knows how Ingrid's workout is, not even him could endure such thing. Still, he had more muscles. "How is it possible?" He thought. Amphion is ignorant, let's not forget that. Ingrid does possess more physical strength and she trains harder, but she is a girl. She does not have the same amount of testosterone a man has. No matter how hard she trains, she will never get bigger than a man who trains regularly and hard, even if not as hard as her, like Amphion, unless she takes in particular substances of course, which she doesn't and never will. Amphion and Ingrid were standing in front of each other... however, a distance of 4 meters was separating them. They had been silent for a while now. They couldn't even look at each other's faces.

"This is nice." Ingrid eventually broke the ice. Amphion demolished it.

"What happened down there?" He asked. Boldness, way to go. Ingrid couldn't blame him, though. They both had been thinking about that since they had left their room.