Chapter 37 (end of segment 3)

There are a few lines of Japanese and Spanish in here, so please let me know if they don't make sense, thank you.

Mason and Mia were arguing again, as per usual. It was breakfast, but the two had hardly paused to eat.
"Idiot!" Mason spat, shoving Mia playfully.

"Dumbass!"
"Loser!"
"Dumb head!"
"Shut the fuck up you muppets!" Kai yelled.
"You both have way too similar accents," Mia said teasingly.
"We don't!" The accused yelled in unison.

"Are you guys from the same place?" Jay asked obliviously.
"No! I'm British, he's Scottish!" Kai yelled back defensively.
"Exactly!" Mason doubled, arms crossed.

"Both your accents sound weird," Kamlyn said.

"I don't hear any difference," said Kira.
The rest of the group began to bicker, their voices mixing until the bell ringing cut through them.

----------

Saria hummed that same tune for the millionth time, even as the nurse tried in vain to talk with her.
Saria looked peaceful like this, but it annoyed the doctors to no end how little she'd communicate.

"Saria? What's that song?" Mrs.Musa asked again, just as she had for the past years. Part of her knew it was futile, that Saria would likely never speak properly again, but another part didn't want to give up on the woman.

"Mama's song," Saria said, the same as she'd always said, voice soft.
"It's very pretty," Mrs.Musa complimented, "Do you remember your mother?"

Saria shrugged, "I remember I really love her."
Mrs.Musa smiled, "That's sweet. And, do you remember your father? You never mention him."

Saria's smile fell in the matter of milliseconds, her blue eyes flooding with terror.
"No!" She cries, quickly backing herself against the bed as she began to hyperventilate, "No, no, no, no! Don't send me back! No, I promise I won't hurt anyone! Don't send me back!"

Mrs.Musa lifted her hands above her head in an attempt to show she wasn't a threat, "You're not going back, Saria. Your safe here."

Saria was still crying and shaking like a leaf, but atleast she'd stopped screaming and seemed to have calmed down.
"I'm sorry," Saria held the doll close, as if it was her source of life.

"It's okay," Musa said calmly, crouching down before Saria, "Can I ask you something?"
Saria shrugged.
"Did your father hurt you?"
Saria hesitated, then nodded.

"I'm not crazy," she whispered, "He was lying. I'm not crazy."
"I didn't say you were," Musa interjected gently, "Have a good night Saria."
"Goodnight," Saria mumbled.

---------

Kimani and Ace were laying in bed, bored as could be.
"I can't believe they're making us stay in bed," Ace groaned, "We're not even sick."
Kimani sneezed, "Speak for yourself. I'm glad for a day off."

"A day off is for the weak," Ace scoffed, bitterness coated his voice, "We should be training with the others. Sick or not, we still have a duty."

"A break is good once and a while," Kimani tried.
"Is not," replied Ace.
"Is to."
"Is not!"
"Is to!"
"It's not!"
"It is!"
"Is not!"
"Is to-!"

Their argument cut off as the door opened.
"Simmer you two," Robinson sighed, "You should focus on getting better. Two sick trainees won't be a good look for us if you're not better before the Founders visit tomorrow."

"Founders?" Ace said, sitting up quickly from where he'd just laid down, panic filling his voice, "This is bad. This is bad."
"Indeed," Robinson agreed, "But do not stress too much. You need to get better as soon as you can."

The Story Of SoldiersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara