- ꕤ 5: AN ANSWER

It was a late night in Liyue.

The moon was glistening radiantly in the sky, its light reflecting in the rivers. It was quiet. Though monsters always lingered within the premises, Xiao knew it was safe to return to his dwelling place.

The Adeptus made his way to Wangshu Inn's balcony. It was the only spot where he could patrol both Dihua Marsh and the inn simultaneously. The fact that no mortals bothered to visit it either was a bonus.

Xiao liked being alone. He never was one to talk about his emotions or his past, feeling as though he'd burden others. That or it was just uncomfortable to remember. He disliked crowded places and cheerful atmospheres. He felt as though he did not belong in such areas.

Ah, here he was again. Pondering on such worthless matters. Protect and carry out your duties. That is what he must do, and the price of being—

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

The sudden noise startled Xiao, snapping him out of his thoughts. He quickly summoned his polearm — a spear made of exquisite yet deadly jade. It was a reflex at this point.

Though as he turned around, he was only met with your unconscious figure. Xiao sighed, letting his guard down.

You were asleep, and it seemed you were enjoying it too. You hugged your knees close to your chest, hair covering most of your face.

The beeping sound came from the watch on your left wrist. A black, futuristic-looking watch. He was unfamiliar with the device but was curious to understand what it was. He stepped closer.

Of course, such a loud sound had to wake you. You jolted up, stunning the Adeptus. He stepped back, watching you orient yourself.

"...What?" You grumbled, slowly opening your eyes.

As you finally started to register your surroundings, you leaned back in surprise.

"Xiao?" You recognized. "Your... The device on your arm, it's making noise." Xiao pointed out, prompting you to acknowledge the watch.

You stood up from your position, looking at the black gadget. It no longer had the 'Reconnecting' screen on display. Now, something was calling.

EMERGENCY CALL;
PLEASE ANSWER IMMEDIATELY

You looked at Xiao with distress, though the Adeptus just shrugged. He was equally as clueless, if not more. You clicked the red button on the right side of the watch, hoping it would work.

"They're in—!!" You heard cheers of joy.

So, the button worked?

Multiple voices came out of your watch, all loudly discussing matters you couldn't understand. It was chaotic. Only sounds came out from your watch until a tiny hologram flashed from the screen.

Xiao was... rightfully confused. He concluded that whatever world you're from — it's one far more technologically advanced than Teyvat.

The hologram was that of a young man with glasses, waving.

"Y/N! Oh, I'm so glad you're alive!" He spoke.

"Thank... You...?" You had no idea who he was.

"Shu, they have temporary memory loss." An older voice said from the side. You could see 'Shu' visibly realize and walk away from view.