- ꕤ 9: ADVENTURER

ALRIGHT! As promised, I will be telling a storytime of what happened during the cosplay convention I went to last Saturday (10/1/2022) <3 I'll include a picture for those who are interested. Feel free to skip that portion if you aren't! Enjoy the chapter~

🍃

"Ad Astra Abyssosque,
Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild!"

You stood there frozen, looking at the receptionist in front of you. It was an understatement to say you were star-struck by the woman.

The Katheryne just said her iconic line!

"Is there anything I can help you with?" She asked, locking her curious gaze on you. Your breath which was previously taken away, came back to you as you remembered what you came for.

"I am... I am looking to be an adventurer."

You thought to get a job while you're stuck in Teyvat. It may take months here before you get back so might as well make and take home some Mora.

Being an adventurer not only helps you explore this world you were so fond of but you also get paid! Sure, becoming an alchemist was your first thought, but you'd rather do something different.

Besides, when you go back home, it's back to being in the laboratory and researching every day again. Might as well have fun while it lasts.

Katheryne was lovely throughout the whole process, giving you the handbook and walking you through commissions. No wonder she's a receptionist and friend of the Traveler. She's so easy to talk to.

"Let's set you up with some manageable commissions first. Hmm, Qingce village... Somewhere in the city... Okay!" Katheryne handed you the small list — the piece of paper only consisting of three tasks.

The first commission was in Liyue Harbor, tea tasting. It was a strange first commission, especially knowing that there wasn't anything like this in-game. Though, it did help you see what Liyue was like in real life. It was much more lively than you expected.

In the game, there were just a couple of NPCs walking and standing around. But here... The streets were quite crowded. It was a city, after all.

You hoped to see some of the characters in the city, but unfortunately, you didn't. Well, there's always the next time.

From the tea-tasting commission, you had enough mora to buy yourself a weapon. You needed one to defend yourself... and for your next commission.

You decided to purchase a polearm.

A sword and claymore would be way too heavy. You don't know how to aim using a bow and you have no idea how catalysts work.

So... a polearm it was.

(And you thought that... perhaps you can get Xiao to teach you how to use it... Hehe.)

Defeating slimes was quite easy. They were jelly-like but much heavier. But... they were cuter in-game. You wouldn't call them ugly per se... But they were quite unattractive in real life

And last but not least... Qingce Village.

Genshin Impact without the teleports is absolute hell! You had to walk from the harbor to the other side of the nation. How do people even do this regularly?

By the time you made it to the village, you were sweating mess. You underestimated just how much you can do.

It seems it hasn't fully sunk in that this is your new reality! And that this world isn't so fictional anymore.